Nervous!

Options
Hello! I have been so strict and great about my eating for the last 3 weeks. I am actually nervous for this weekend! It's my husbands 30th Bday and we are going out to eat twice!!! Eeeeekkkk!!! Of course, my husband can eat whatever he wants and it never shows! He is very understanding of my weight loss/ health goals so he is willing to comprise on one of the resturants. Help!!! Suggestions for choices at Cheesecake Factory, Chipotle, or California Pizza Kitchen...which is better?(we are meeting family at the mall and these are the choices!) What do I choose?? I have never really worried about making choices at resturants before!!! More mindful of it now!! Thanks!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,068 Member
    Options
    You can research restaurants online, most have their nutrition breakdowns on their websites.

Many of the popular restaurants are in MFP already.

But I'd say it is your husbands big day, and you should step back from making decisions about where to go on his birthday. If you have a few days of too many calories it won't hurt you - sometimes it even helps with weight loss. So enjoy your weekend. 30 is a huge milestone! No frowning!!! :bigsmile:
  • RMariaT
    RMariaT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Hope you enjoy your eating out. I have been to Cheesecake factory and I had a great salad with salmon.

The other thing you might want to try is always asking for any dressings on the side so you can control the amount you add.

Hope this helps
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Couple days over won't hurt...do watch the sodium in resturant foods though...be extra careful during the rest of the day, and that will provide you with some cushion come birthday meal time...good luck and don;t worry about 1 meal...do worry about letting it become too many meals.
  • Moneygrow3
    Options
    Thanks so much! I do plan on enjoying myself but just didnt want to over indulge!!! =)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Have a great time, You'll do fine! it's a rare occasion after all, a couple meals won't shatter your hard work by themselves :flowerforyou:
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Any of those restruaunts will be OK. Chipotle you can get a salad. Cheesecake Factory and KPC also have low calorie meals.

Don't eat an entire meal, eat half and put the rest away. If a meal comes with french fries, ask if they will replace it with a side salad or veggie. You will be ok :)

Another good thing is to eat a healthy snack before you go. That way you wont be as hungry and likely to splurge!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i would go for the mexican place its more filling. and good amount of calories. you can try checking out the nutrition on the internet. put the name of the place and put nutrition. __"place"__ nutrition and you will find it :)