Male, 50lbs down and slipping (w/pics)

Options
Tony2.jpg

That's me with fitness guru, Tony Horton, 50lbs ago!

Here's my before and after:

Before:
Before2.jpg

After:
After2.jpg

Last November, I turned 25, and something finally clicked. I got to work losing some excess poundage. I did a combination of P90X and stuck to myfitnesspal strictly. For some odd reason, I had the foresight to photograph myself every week but didn't think to weigh myself until a few weeks in. I believe I was at about 220lbs, which is the heaviest I've ever been, and managed to get down to just under 170 which is the lightest I've probably been since the beginning of high school!

I've felt great and have gotten lots of compliments (impossible to explain how satisfying that is). However, like a man many years my senior, I threw out my back. It's been downhill since then. I made it almost 120 days without missing a workout but I wasn't able to work out for about a month and eventually my eating habits began to switch back as well. I'm back up to 175. I know that's not a big increase but after putting in so much work to lose 50, gaining 5 so quickly is enough to set off some alarms. I've been putting it off. I keep saying tomorrow I'll get back to it. I know once I start again, it's so easy!

So this is both a success story and hopefully a motivator! I'm very proud of what I've done but there is still work to be done. Myfitnesspal, P90X, and my girlfriend (who feeds me lots of vegetables) have been extremely helpful and now I'm hoping to get back to it!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!