Black Friday shopping

Options
tomomatic
tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
Share what you've found on sale on Black Friday and justify getting up for it.

I'll go first: Blu Ray Players - if they can stream Netflix or Hulu, then it's worth it. Also, I can buy some as Christmas gifts.

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    www.theblackfriday.com

This site has the ads for most of the major retailers posted.

And I will be braving Wally World this year...a few things for my kiddos...some of which are in electronics. If I don't make it back alive, my daily calories are to be divided as evenly as possible among my those on my FL.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    nothing is worth battling the crowd of psycho shoppers....I can get my deals online and never leave the comfort of my pajamas or warm home. :D
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I bought 7 Daiwa Zillion, 10 Daiwa Aggrest, and 3 Shimano Calcutta TE 200GT reels last year on black friday. Made over $1000 in profit reselling them.

Since it was a "no risk" flip, my wife gave me the go ahead for the initial investment. Paid for our entire family's christmas (yes we're LOLpoors).
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the deals are not that great. We do it for fun, I bring my daughters with, it a challenge to see who can get everything on their list before the items are gone. It's just good times and great memories. A bit crazy, Yes, but we laughed and look forward to it each year!

Last year we stood in line for a couple hours to get a xbox which was a good deal.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    nothing is worth battling the crowd of psycho shoppers....I can get my deals online and never leave the comfort of my pajamas or warm home. :D
    this
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Don't lie, you do it naked.
  • svanzile
    svanzile Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'll be battling the Sam's Club shoppers... anybody know how bad it gets there? They don't usually make my list but I can't pass up a 96 cent Galaxy S3!!
  • svanzile
    svanzile Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Don't lie, you do it naked.

Ha ha ha! That was me last year!
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Agreed
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    I work in retail for Ann Taylor LOFT online, so I'll not be doing the shopping on either Black Friday or CyberMonday.. I'll be doing the suffering. :sad:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Single mom, 2 kids....I go to make sure that Santa can make it a little more special. My best find one year was the DS with accessory kit for my son. Then there was the year I grabbed a Band Hero Set for the Wii. Complete band set for $75. Worth it for me. But, I always go out with a "wish list", never a "I'm going to get this list". If the line is too long somewhere, I'll jump to the next store. I do normally stock up on the Old Navy $5 fleece tops for the kids since they last and the kids seem to lose theirs quickly, as well as blue jeans.

That said, I refuse to participate on Thanksgiving Day. I've seen a couple stores starting at 8pm on Thanksgiving this year. I'll still be enjoying the holiday with the kiddos at that time.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Single mom, 2 kids....I go to make sure that Santa can make it a little more special. My best find one year was the DS with accessory kit for my son. Then there was the year I grabbed a Band Hero Set for the Wii. Complete band set for $75. Worth it for me. But, I always go out with a "wish list", never a "I'm going to get this list". If the line is too long somewhere, I'll jump to the next store. I do normally stock up on the Old Navy $5 fleece tops for the kids since they last and the kids seem to lose theirs quickly, as well as blue jeans.

That said, I refuse to participate on Thanksgiving Day. I've seen a couple stores starting at 8pm on Thanksgiving this year. I'll still be enjoying the holiday with the kiddos at that time.

I hear you. We use Black Friday to knock out all the Christmas shopping and knock out any shopping for things that we've wanted the whole year. I don't mind a little chaos to save a few bucks. Especially on clothes for my kids (they grow so fast). I usually research my purchases before I even determine if it's worth it or if the same deal is available online. Old Navy is always one of our stops.

I haven't seen it get too crazy these past few years. Local fire marshals went around shutting stores down for letting in too many people.

I'm also into collectible toys and I've managed to turn them around for a nice profit on Black Friday. An Iron Man toy set from the first movie was $15 when I bought it. It now sells for $80 on eBay.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I don't always go Black Friday shopping. Last year, I had to work that day. But, I went online to Best Buy and bought a DSLR camera. I was looking to hopefully buy a kindle for my niece. But, I was just informed by my sister-in-law, she wants to save up money for a IPad. So, I will be giving her money for her birthday/Christmas combo (her birthday is 5 days before Christmas). I said I will look for ads for that. I am looking for a tablet for myself. Most of my shopping is done. I have to get a bunch of gift cards for people.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My bro needs a TV for his bedroom...he's gonna try to pick up the Toshiba or Panasonic 50" LED that Sears is selling for $299 come Thanksgiving morning at 8AM
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

99.9% of the time...yes. But $600 off a 50" LED TV is a pretty sweet deal and worth getting up early for if you're looking for a TV
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Stay in your jammies and wait for "cyber monday" this year, when places go crazy and have awesome deals online = ) Got an urban decay book of shadows (normally 65ish) for 20 bucks. Score!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    Best Buy has a 32" full HDTV on sale for $97 on Black Friday...
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

99.9% of the time...yes. But $600 off a 50" LED TV is a pretty sweet deal and worth getting up early for if you're looking for a TV

I wouldn't know where to put it. LOL

But I will be tucked in bed sound asleep (hopefully a drunken slumber) that morning thanks.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    Best Buy has a 32" full HDTV on sale for $97 on Black Friday...

Oops...my bad, it's Sears that has this deal going.
  • rummyqueen
    rummyqueen Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I agree,I do enjoy shopping and I get great deals every where I go plys sometimes 60 ,70 even 80 percent off,but when It comes to black friday ,im home in bed while hubby and son are out there at 2 in the morning in line waiting,not me,I get a good night sleep then get up make my coffee and then go line and shop....lol