What exercises can I do to make the most of my body?

Options
I know I'm opening myself up for a possible hard time and loads of criticisim but here goes.

What exercises can I do to make the most of MY shape. Can't get to a gym atm and don't have any equipment at home really but I'd really appreciate any help. My stats are 5ft 10, about 142ish pounds (haven't weighed in in a little while).

Thanks for reading

Donna

Replies

• cathleencan
    Options
    I'd think that Zumba would?
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Google "you are your own gym"

Or get a gym membership or some equipment
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Body weight squats (google "Goblet squat 101")

Push ups

Pull ups (get a door-hanging pullup bar for $10 from TJ Maxx or $30 from ****'s. If you can't do 1, jump up and do the negative until you develop the strength to do one)

Alternating reverse lunges
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    Thanks, I need to sort these hips out!!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter your shape. Strength train. Lift heavy weights and see if you like it.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Body weight exercises like squats and pushups are great. Squats for lower body (legs and butt), pushups for upper body (shoulders, triceps, biceps). Invest in some dumb bells and take it further. Lots of great dumb bell exercises out there. If you're on facebook, check out my fitness page @ https://www.facebook.com/FitnessDiva11

Best wishes!
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    I would but can't afford the gym or any equipment and the only think in my house that I could lift that's heavy is the sofa or bed lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, planks, side planks, press ups, plank to press ups
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    ^^^^^^ ohhh my favourites lol. I have been doing lunges and squats, guess its time to step it up a gear. That you are your own gym looks fab. Think I'll have to buy it
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Pull some free yoga and pilates workouts off of youtube. I like POP Pilates.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    a gallon of water weighs 8 pound. instant hand weights for about a buck a piece.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    You can't do that at home but or I would be x
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can also try resistance bands they are not so expensive and you can strength train at home. There are tips and technique you can find on the internet if you choose to go this route.
  • CaptainSwab
    Options
    You can get dumbells for pretty cheap. They have some apps out there for your phone or tablet if you have one that work your abs, but, legs, arms.
  • Do the Shred workout on Youtube.

All you need are a couple of cans (for weights) and your own bodyweight.

It's only 20 mins long but by golly it works.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^ ohhh my favourites lol. I have been doing lunges and squats, guess its time to step it up a gear. That you are your own gym looks fab. Think I'll have to buy it

"You are your own gym" is brilliant. You can buy the book or download the ebook off the site.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You can get dumbells for pretty cheap. They have some apps out there for your phone or tablet if you have one that work your abs, but, legs, arms.

Where can you get hand weights for cheap? I looked at 3 sporting goods stores this weekend and the cheapest I found for 15lb weights was $24.99. That's only for one. That doesn't seem cheap to me.
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    Thanks everyone :))