BodyJam????

Options
Has anyone done BodyJam? I want to start taking Zumba at the Y (and get my money's worth out of my membership), but the only classes they have for Zumba are during work. The only option after work as far as a fitness dancing class is BodyJam but I don't know anything about it. What is your opinion?

Replies

• specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    So nobody knows anything about this, huh?:huh:
  • banana1006
    Options
    Late to the conversation, but they offer this class at my gym and I LOVE IT! I take it 3-4 times a week. It's a lot of choreography, so the first class will workout your brain more than your heart, but it's the same choreography for about 4 weeks (most instructors will start switching stuff out) and it gets infinitely easier on the brain and a much harder work out. I will say it can be intimidating because the people who take it often and are good dancers generally look like they belong in a music video, but it's really fun, just go do what you can and keep going because it really is a great workout. I have to say the hour goes by before I realize it and it's a mixture of hip-hop, latin, contemporary, etc dance styles which is much easier on my tight calves than zumba. Anyway, hope you took the chance and tried the class, if not try it now, because it's a great calorie burner!
  • susehocking
    susehocking Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    BODYJAM IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally love bodyjam!

Sadly, our gym only offers bodyjam once a week and zumba once a week and they are my two faves. Also, you might like Sh'bam if your gym offers it. It is kinda like bodyjam, but not as intense and more dancey...both are fun though.

Highly recommend Bodyjam to ANYONE! Even the guys! (although if you are a guy and only coming to ogle, I'll kick your butt!)
  • caitlynah12
    Options
    Resurrecting an old thread because I was searching for feedback on BodyJam! I am debating going this week. It seems so fun.