NSV - Heart Rate

Options
I consider this a really big NSV, since it is directly related to health.

When I started in May, my resting heart rate was usually around 110 bpm, sometimes 115.

The other night, I left my HRM on after my workout and sat in my chair for a bit. My resting heart rate is 74 now!

I got up and moved around for a bit and then sat down again, just to be sure. Within ten seconds, it was right back to 74/75.

I'm so happy. I was really, really worried about my heart when I hit my heaviest weight, so seeing it come down that far was a huge relief. I feel that as I keep exercising and losing weight, it will come down even more and be much better, but at least it's back into the healthy range while I do so. Phew! :)

No more ticking time bomb!

Replies

• joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV! well done
  • kmudica
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This has to be one of my favorite NSV victories yet. Sure, fitting into your old jeans, or a smaller dress size is nice. But to know you just saved your heart by making it's work easier is amazing. Just think of all the years you added to your life.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    very cool!
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's great! Added years to your life :)
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good for you keep up the great work! Love the side by side photo you can see a big loss yea for you!!! :smile:
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    This has to be one of my favorite NSV victories yet. Sure, fitting into your old jeans, or a smaller dress size is nice. But to know you just saved your heart by making it's work easier is amazing. Just think of all the years you added to your life.

You nailed it. That's exactly how I feel. Fitting into jeans is one thing, but my HEART. That's so very, very important.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!