Gluten Free

Options
Anyone have any low Calorie Gluten Free recipes?

Replies

• dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    no but i do have the most amazing gluten free baked chocolate mouse cake recipe that's really high calorie. helpful, amn't I? ;) my siblings are all gluten free and its what i use for birthday cake.
  • kebr1977
    Options
    Well, I guess once in awhile you can do it!!! :smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any low Calorie Gluten Free recipes?

Steak and potatoes

Eggs and bacon
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My husband is gluten free so all of my recipes I make are gluten free friendly http://fitandtoneforlife.blogspot.com/p/healthy-recipes.html
    03428 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan and found out that I was gluten intolerant last week...
    So far, I'm finding bean and lentil salads to be a staple of my diet, lots of fruit and veggies etc
    Recipe wise, I've made gluten free cupcakes with gluten free flour, making them healthier and lower calorie by replacing sugar with agave syrup and using a little oil instead of egg (oil may be higher in calories, but as a vegan it's my only option :))
    Replacing sugar has been pretty good in keeping calories down
    Also, I find a lot of gluten free pastas etc seem to be pretty high on calories and there are fewer low calorie versions available, so I've been reducing my portion of pasta and bulking up my plate with more veggies :)
  • dillydally123
    Options
    so i just imputed the recipe there and 1/12th of the cake is 443 calories...yikes! if anyone wants it let me know.
  • Sweetmaddie4u60
    Options
    can i have that recipe!
  • busynblessed
    busynblessed Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten and dairy free. Feel free to friend me and see my food diary for some recipes or meal ideas.

Tonight for dinner I'm making stuffed peppers... using brown jasmine rice, ground turkey breast, tomatos, zucchini, onion, celery, and some herbs.... serving it with fresh green beans and the calorie count is only 260.

I also love using the crockpot to make soups with loads of veggies and I also make a lot of asian stir frys with cabbage as a "filler" to lower the calories; I use Tamari (gfree soy sauce) & oyster sauce for the stir frys and cornstarch is my go to thickener :)

Some low calorie snacks I love are jicama and hummus, nuts, and fruit.
  • busynblessed
    busynblessed Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Zucchini and broccoli are also both great pasta low calorie pasta subbers :)
  • dillydally123
    Options
    ok
    Baked Chocolate Mousse Cake
    (really its like a torte and it needs something with it as its very rich. cream or natural yohgurt or something.)
    250g unsalted butter
    350g really good dark chocolate (i use lindt 85%)
    250g light soft brown sugar
    5 large eggs

Heat the oven to 180C -
    Melt butter and chocolate together over water
    Allow to cool very slightly then add the sugar followed by the egg yokes one at a time

beat the egg whites in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt (i dont' know why but that's what my mum thought me to do)
    till they form soft peaks then slowly fold in the chocolate goo then stick it in the tin.

Bake for 35ish minutes (my oven runs hot) maybe less maybe more. it should have a crust over the top but still wobble in the middle.

per 1/12th of cake Calories 443, carbs 32, protein 7, sugar 25.

it causes very little wash up and is very easy even if you're not a baker. There we go.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    WTF is a Gluten? Does it hurt?
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    ok
    Baked Chocolate Mousse Cake
    (really its like a torte and it needs something with it as its very rich. cream or natural yohgurt or something.)
    250g unsalted butter
    350g really good dark chocolate (i use lindt 85%)
    250g light soft brown sugar
    5 large eggs

Heat the oven to 180C -
    Melt butter and chocolate together over water
    Allow to cool very slightly then add the sugar followed by the egg yokes one at a time

beat the egg whites in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt (i dont' know why but that's what my mum thought me to do)
    till they form soft peaks then slowly fold in the chocolate goo then stick it in the tin.

Bake for 35ish minutes (my oven runs hot) maybe less maybe more. it should have a crust over the top but still wobble in the middle.

per 1/12th of cake Calories 443, carbs 32, protein 7, sugar 25.

it causes very little wash up and is very easy even if you're not a baker. There we go.

I think I love you.
  • dillydally123
    Options
    WTF is a Gluten? Does it hurt?

only on Tuesdays.
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a gluten free hubby we use prescribale and bought glutem free alternatives. The coeliac society have tons of recipes and hints and tips about gluten free cooking and eating out...
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten and dairy free. Feel free to friend me and see my food diary for some recipes or meal ideas.

Tonight for dinner I'm making stuffed peppers... using brown jasmine rice, ground turkey breast, tomatos, zucchini, onion, celery, and some herbs.... serving it with fresh green beans and the calorie count is only 260.

I also love using the crockpot to make soups with loads of veggies and I also make a lot of asian stir frys with cabbage as a "filler" to lower the calories; I use Tamari (gfree soy sauce) & oyster sauce for the stir frys and cornstarch is my go to thickener :)

Some low calorie snacks I love are jicama and hummus, nuts, and fruit.

this sounds delicious. I am only recently gluten and dairy free, so this is perfect! Am going to have to try this.
    Thanks for the great idea. :happy:
  • My husband has Celiac's.

maybe chicken fajitas with corn tortillas??

Your best bet is any dish that has no bread or starch to begin with.
    When you get into the Gluten free pastas and breads items the carbs and calories really start to pile on..
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza base. Google, cook and rejoyce - seriously its amazing, Im GF and this is a nice treat dinner at the wknd.

It can also be made as a healthier option to pizza even if you arent GF : )
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You could just try to stick with lean meats and complex carbs. made at home.
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ive been diagnosed with Celiac for almost a decade now. I love doing protein and veggies. chicken and rice with side salad. Steak and sweet potatoes. there are SO many great recipes out there.
    I love Jamie Eason's turkey meatloaf muffins- tasty and GF and high protein!
    Also, i love doing breakfast skillets for any time of day- in cast iron skillet, saute a meat base (I use chicken sausage), a diced starch on top of that, sauteed onions and peppers on top of that, and then a fried egg to top it off.
    I also eat lots of eggs, hardboiled and otherwise.