Is this a good workout routine?

Options
Hi! I'm basically really new and no nothing about exercising, so I'm just wondering if this routine will be good or not!

I'm 19, 5'1", and 134lbs, and eat 1200 calories.

I have been doing:

The 30 day shred, Couch to 5k, Sadie Lincoln 'Barre 3' 10 min workout, and a standing calisthenics 10min workout.

I do the 30 day shred everyday, followed by EITHER the Barre 3 or Calisthenics. I throw in C25k 3-4 times a week, depending on time.

I personally think that any exercise that I do is good for me, given it's my first time basically ever :P But I just kind of what to make sure that this will give me results? Or be good for me? Haha. I guess I'm not really sure what my question is, I just want reassurance. :) Thanks!

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Anything is better than nothing. Lots of people here love 30 day shred.
    Without more specific goals, it sounds like you are doing good.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what kind of results are you looking for?
  • beccamorty
    beccamorty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Whoops, guess I should have mentioned that! I am hoping to lose about ten pounds, and it would be a dream if I could do it before Christmas! (I don't want my family to see me like this :P) But if that's unrealistic, I'd be happy with anything.. I would like to go down to around 115lb in the next few months!
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It sounds good to me. Depending on your body, you may or may not lose that before Christmas...but you're definitely going in the right direction. Just keep it up and remember that inches sometimes come off before weight. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    do you have access to the gym?

if so i'd suggest forgetting the 30 DS and doing something like strong lifts instead (3 days a week) and then on 3 of your off days Barre or c25k... but that's just because i like lifting heavy weights and that seems to be best way i've found to regularly lose a lot of fat in a short amount of time
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    do you have access to the gym?

if so i'd suggest forgetting the 30 DS and doing something like strong lifts instead (3 days a week) and then on 3 of your off days Barre or c25k... but that's just because i like lifting heavy weights and that seems to be best way i've found to regularly lose a lot of fat in a short amount of time

^ This too. I've only recently starting lifting weights, and when you're sore...it's gonna be hell.. But definitely worth it. :)
  • beccamorty
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback! I do have access to a great gym (in my building) but the only thing I feel comfortable doing in public is the cardio equipment. I am waaaaay too shy and awkward to try to learn how to do something else in public :/ I wish I wasn't, but I can only work on one issue at a time :)
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback! I do have access to a great gym (in my building) but the only thing I feel comfortable doing in public is the cardio equipment. I am waaaaay too shy and awkward to try to learn how to do something else in public :/ I wish I wasn't, but I can only work on one issue at a time :)
    dont be shy. the benefits of weight training will have you strutting your stuff in the weight room.:happy:
  • nkklllll
    Options
    Just be careful that you don't start over-training. An earlier post said that anything is better than nothing, but that isn't true at all. over-training, at its best, is just like doing nothing and at its worst, will set you back farther due to injury.
  • beccamorty
    Options
    Just be careful that you don't start over-training. An earlier post said that anything is better than nothing, but that isn't true at all. over-training, at its best, is just like doing nothing and at its worst, will set you back farther due to injury.

Oh, okay. What qualifies as over-training? I don't plan on doing more than what I listed, except maybe doing more c25k when I have time?