Introducing myself!

Options
Greetings to all!

My name is Millie and I live alone in Talent, Oregon (midway between Ashland and Medford). I am a 59-year-old single mom of 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren. I am currently unemployed (like a lot of people) and the unemployment has taken its toll on my weight loss battle. I had lost 37 lbs in 5 months for my son's wedding in July 2012 and unfortunately, my job was outsourced 2 weeks later. My depression ramped up pretty badly as a result which triggered my propensity to overeat comfort foods and especially deserts of all kinds. This is a double whammy as I am diabetic as well and my blood sugars are way out of control again! I have found 17 of the lost pounds and I am just sick about it. :explode: If only I had realized that I was only 10 lbs from reaching my 1st weight loss goal!

I just started using My Fitness Pal today, November 12, 2012. I recently got my first android phone and went looking for a calorie-counting app. So far, so good. I especially like the bar-code scanning ability! What a time saver!!

So, I just wanted to stop by and say hi and I hope to get to know lots of you! :flowerforyou:

Millie

Replies

• 228lrt
    228lrt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This a great site. I have been on it for a long time now and it has been great. Add me as a friend if you wish.
  • Afternoonfoxy8
    Options
    Well, thank you! I would be happy to add you as my first friend! :happy:
  • nmonty21
    nmonty21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    feel free to add :-)
  • lyoung79
    lyoung79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am new here to just joined on friday morning. welcome
  • kdw65
    kdw65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too. Feel free to add me.
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. There are a lot of friendly, motivating people here. Stay true to your food and exercise log and lean on your friends for support. We can all use inspiration from each other. I will send a friend request for you to approve, if you wish.

Best of luck on your journey.