Wedding Ring NSV

Options
pigbopa
pigbopa Posts: 16 Member
No pics, just a short story. I got married at roughly the same weight that I am now, actually a little heavier. That was about twelve and a half years ago. I'll spare most of the story of the how, just the numbers. I remember driving to the coast with my wedding band on fiddling with it, hoping that it would not fall off. Over the next 4 years I went from the mid 240s to somewhere in the 280s. I had and still have an office job that allows me a great deal of comfort, but on this one day they needed help in the field and my wedding ring was hurting me as I was using my hands a lot. I took my ring off and was never able to get it back on, it left a cut spot in my finger for months. I went up to my high of 320+, and it wasn't long before I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the hospital. That was a little over 5 years ago. It hit me one day when I was visiting my heart doctor, and I saw morbidly obese on his screen. I wasn't even 30 yet. I lost down to about 275 where I stayed for a while, but was uninterested in loosing any more. This spring I decided to start loosing weight again, I want to run in the Marine Mud Run, it just looked fun. Anyway, I found MFP at 270 lbs. The other day I weighed myself at 237, when I did I went and found my old wedding ring that I had not been able to put on without it cutting off the circulation to my finger: I had tried it several times, hoping, you know, that I would be able to wear it for more than a couple of minutes. I slid the ring onto my finger, and I started hoping that it would not fall off again. I wore it out for a day for the first time in 8 years. I still have another 50 or 60 pounds to go before I am done, but I have to keep asking what will I be able to do when I am at my goal.

Just keep moving.

Replies

• lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Your story has a ring of success to it! Lol! Congratulations and keep going!
  • weightnomore33
    weightnomore33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You will be able to do a happy dance. Keep it up! Nice job.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Great NSV, I am sort of in the same boat in that my doctor order me to remove my ring or he would, I actually have arthritis in my ring finger, I never believed it was due to the ring and am thinking of trying it back on. I miss wearing it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!