5 days or 7 days exercise

Options
I have been trying to do two 30 minute sessions ( 5 min really fast, 5 mintes slower) I have been trying to do this 7 days a week. Am I doing good or is it better to do 5 days. 7 days a week is not bothering me to do I just don't want to do it if it does not matter.

Replies

• nkklllll
    Options
    Over the long haul, you need to have at least 1 full day of rest a week. That's at the very LEAST.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Rest days are generally a good idea, but without knowing what you're trying to achieve, it's hard to give specific advice
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Rest days are highly recommended. Your body needs them. I vote for 5 days of cardio and 2 days off.

For myself, I am on the treadmill MWF and I lift on Tues, Thur, Sat. I take Sundays off. After 10 weeks, I take 1 week off from exercising.

I think that exercising 7 days a week leads to burnout and the desire to not work out at all.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thxs I have been wondering if I would be able to take my 5 minutes to 10 minutes fast and 5 minutes slow (stationary bike) if I had a rest day or two. I am going to do that. Do I take two days in a row or split them up?
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I get 1 day or 2 days depending if am feeling recovered no point going GYM if your not recoverd best way to get injured rest and come back strong its about muscle overload every workout should be getting stronger so if the body is saying REST then REST
    Peace
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    It depends on your body's recovery time. I lift every day, sometimes twice, but I have a very, very short recovery time.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    well, I am not lifting yet. I am doing a stationary bike for aroebic work. Does that make a difference?
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    For me, I am doing 6 days a week and 1 rest day.
    next month I will be starting Turbo Fire and that is also the same schedule, and then moves to 2 rest days a week.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 days a week then rest on the weekends.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Cardio build very little muscle so it's usually fine to do it as much as you want. There's no real recovery time.
  • NitsrekMan
    Options
    You can do aerobic work daily, especially if you vary your intensity. However, a day of rest is important as your workouts get harder. My suggestion: Keep your fast slow routine. Then have a long easy spin one day per week to build your endurance. Or try something different one day a week, such as walking, riding outdoors, swimming,water aerobics, Zumba . You'll burn calories and expose yourself to new activities.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I say listen to your body. If you feel like you need a rest, then rest. If you feel good working out 7 days a week then keep it up. Everyone is different. I think you'll be able to tell if you need a day or two off for rest and recovery.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    :smile: 7 days a week is good if your just doing cardio but 5 days aweek if your planing to gain muscle mass because your muscles need time to rest and grow
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 days a week then rest on the weekends.

this :) Although i lost more weight last week only doing 3 days of exercise, what a freak