#peanutbutterprobz

Options
I eat a pretty low-fat diet. Most foods that I buy are fat-free if that's an option and I never usually exceed my grams of fat allotted per day. That being said, I'd venture to say most of the fat I intake per day comes from peanut butter. I know people have said "Don't be scared of peanut butter", and "It's the good kind of fat", but how much is too much? I'd say I go through a large jar a week. Seems like quite a lot. Is this a problem if I'm not going over my calories and fats because of it?

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I go through a jar a week, and I only have about two tablespoons a day! The macro fat doesn't make you fat, it's necessary and peanut butter is a great nutrient-dense fat/protein :] I especially wouldn't worry if you're also under your maximums. Hell, I wouldn't even stress if you were as long as it wasn't much-I eat under my carbs and over my protein and fat everyday.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I eat a pretty low-fat diet. Most foods that I buy are fat-free if that's an option and I never usually exceed my grams of fat allotted per day. That being said, I'd venture to say most of the fat I intake per day comes from peanut butter. I know people have said "Don't be scared of peanut butter", and "It's the good kind of fat", but how much is too much? I'd say I go through a large jar a week. Seems like quite a lot. Is this a problem if I'm not going over my calories and fats because of it?

All of your questions were pretty much answered in the first reply, but I'll just add that you "probably" don't need to be on a low fat diet as fat is very good for you.

And I'm saying this to help, in case you're scared of fat, and I'm not personally attacking you, and I love your hat.

That rhymed.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

All of your questions were pretty much answered in the first reply, but I'll just add that you "probably" don't need to be on a low fat diet as fat is very good for you.

And I'm saying this to help, in case you're scared of fat, and I'm not personally attacking you, and I love your hat.

That rhymed.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS:angry:
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    Check out PB2 by Bell Plantation. Peanut butter powder you mix with water. I think it's amazing (and I could probably live on peanut butter) and only 45 cal per 2 tbsp! 1.5g. fat and 5g protein!
  • MallisaMott
    MallisaMott Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Check out PB2 by Bell Plantation. Peanut butter powder you mix with water. I think it's amazing (and I could probably live on peanut butter) and only 45 cal per 2 tbsp! 1.5g. fat and 5g protein!

WHHHAAAT!?? Haha I will most definitely be looking into that. Thanks!
  • MallisaMott
    MallisaMott Posts: 30 Member
    Options

That rhymed.

Thanks for the feedback. I feel better now, and pretty darn happy about it, too.

SideSteel- No, I appreciate it. I am starting to learn the difference between good fats and bad fats. The fear is slowly dissolving. & thanks! I like your abs! (That didn't rhyme :/)
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options

WHHHAAAT!?? Haha I will most definitely be looking into that. Thanks!
    :heart: PB2 regular and chocolate, even converted my husband since he's a peanut butter fool like me! :love:
  • thealexbeard
    Options
    All natural peanut butter is healthy and full of good fats without the added sugar. And the peanut butter with added sugar is delicious and fine to eat as long as it fits into your daily calorie allotment.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I say eat regular peanut butter AND PB2!! The PB2 chocolate stuff is soooo good... :)