What do you do to stay Motivated?

Options
So, What do you do everyday to keep you motivated and on track?

Replies

• jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Trying to remember what I felt like in the past. Everything from how self conscious I was (still am, but working on it) to after a binge, just wanting to cry myself to sleep because I let myself down so much.

:flowerforyou:
  • Juashmom
    Options
    I troll the sucess stories every day..it reminds me that its possible and i shouldn't give up.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Eating. I love finding new healthy recipes and super foods. It gets me excited to know that these things will help in my process and they are still yummy.
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    - Read recipe books
    - Look on Pinterest for ideas, quotes, new info, etc.
    - Scroll through old photos on my Facebook
    - Read the message boards on MFP
    - Make social plans that help me stay on track
    - Schedule extra exercise if I know I'm going to be eating or drinking something unhealthy
    - Set goals, track progress
    - Look up "healthy women" groups on meetup.com and find new activities to do
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Trying on clothes I wore when I was thinner and having them fit, then wanting to make them fit too big!
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Take pictures and look at the physical changes you've made. The scale doesn't always show your success. I have also found that being part of an accountability group is helpful also. As humans we find it easy to quit on ourselves but rarely would we want to be the person in a group that says I quit or skipped today's workout. You can find me as a coach on team beachbody. Look me up as SWREZn8 if you want any help or motivation.
    I also set very small goals of about 5-10 lbs. You have much better chance of making them and less being discouraged. Each time you make one it's boost your desire to do more.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am in Epidemiology and constantly bombarded with the negative effects of obesity and the positive benefits of exercise. It is thrown in my face daily. Really, how can I ignore so much overwhelming evidence?
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I think of how I lived and how I felt as recently as July of this year (the month I joined and started using MFP) and then I look at the 27 pounds gone on my ticker, and I think about how I am up to 27 minutes of running on the treadmill, and I think about the one size smaller pants I'm wearing and that they are getting loose, and I think about how much better I feel all day and sleep at night. That's the motivation to continue!
  • lakingfish
    lakingfish Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly but I go to youtube look up videos on motivation and they get me pumped!!!
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I keep a picture of myself on my fridge at my lightest (160lbs) right about a size 8. Helps keep me out of the fridge out of boredom since I would like to get down a few more lbs from that.