Questin about Exercise!

Options
Hello, I have a question..what is the best way to exercise when your at the gym to lose weight...when i go i usually run or walk at 4.0 for about 30-45 mins....any other suggestions???/ Thanks :)

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the elliptical machines. I put on my iPod, drown out the world, and work as hard as I can. The last couple of times I went for 60 minutes and according to the machine burned between 770 to 780 calories. Just make sure to stretch real good afterwards. Remember you start to burn fat after the 1st 20 minutes.

Also, maybe try taking classes. Spin is a GREAT class. I also like Step aerobics and Zumba. Too, do strenght training, since you continue to burn more calories longer after the workout then after cardio workouts.

God Bless!
  • jdubya
    jdubya Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of weights. I know that many aren't wanting to bulk up but tightening up and burning off calories in the process is a great thing. I would suggest circuit training where you are going from one exercise to the next without taking breaks. Most of the people that I have seen at the gym that are just doing the treadmill look the same as they did months earlier. Good luck to you!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Circuit training (high-intensity aerobic training combined with resistance training) is great for fat loss. You can build up a 20-minute circuit by doing something like:

30 seconds squats + 10 seconds rest
    30 seconds jump rope + 10 seconds rest
    30 seconds pushups + 10 seconds rest
    30 seconds jumping jacks + 10 seconds rest
    30 seconds lunges + 10 seconds rest
    30 seconds jump rope + 10 seconds rest

Repeat 5 times.

Weights can be added, variations with balance balls and resistance bands can be worked in. If you push it hard for 20 minutes, you'll be sweating like crazy and short of breath, but it is a great way to mix things up and add resistance training to your cardio routine.
  • banderson22
    Options
    awesome..thanks guys!
  • Al77
    Al77 Posts: 47
    Options
    I agree with the above, I LOVE circuit training. I bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, I love it but after a few times
    I felt the 20 minutes wasn't enough. I just bought her No More Trouble Zones and it is AWESOME. If you have
    50 minutes to spare at home, I highly recommend it. I've never been one for working out at home, but I am now!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    anything that can keep your heart rating 160 and above for 12 mins
    which meaning cardio.

meaning treadmill
    and forgot the other one is called but its had to handle connected to the feet.
    and they go the opposite direction.
    im sure there is other kinds. but thats a starter.

i switch ever 15 mins. cause im not use to it yet. but then it will be 30 mins each <3
    so that could help you also.

hope that helps