Starting over today

Options
Hello!! For the third time in a year and a half, I'm starting over. I'm posting this in hopes it makes my brain feel a little more committed. My first goal is to get under 200 lbs (13 lbs to go) and then from there, I'd like to lose another 40.

I had a baby in April 2011 and since then I have been trying to get the weight off. I have always been overweight, but this is the longest I have kept trying to fight it and make a lifestyle change. The first time was shortly after I had my baby, I got on a lifestyle change with a friend and lost about 20 lbs. But then when she slowly started giving up, so did I. A few months later, I got back on the wagon with a new workout buddy and lost a little over 60 lbs TOTAL, dropping to 189, which is the lowest weight I have been in YEARS. But once my own weight loss buddy hit her own goal, and as we talked less, I became careless and unmotivated, putting on enough weight to get to 213lbs. So I am back for round 4 and I hope I can continue my lifestyle change instead of saying "tomorrow." I know how I felt when I was at 189, and I'd like to be there again.

Weekends are the hardest part.
So are night times.
And I love junk food.
But I also love feeling good about myself... so I guess I have to figure out what is most important to me.

Replies

• bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm a starter-over, too. After my second baby, I was 236. I lost 30 (down to 206) pounds while my husband was deployed, and then when he got back in June 2011, I quit. I started again a few months later at 211 pounds. It didn't last long, and then I completely gave in and went back to my "normal" eating habits, quit working out almost altogether, and am back up to 223. I want to punch myself in the face for making myself gain that back. I WILL get there, one day. My first goal is back to 200. My long-term goal is 150. If I will just keep tracking my food and hold myself accountable, I can do this! Good Luck with your journey. Hopefully this is BOTH of our last time starting.
  • LizinMN
    Options
    Good luck girls you can do it! Feel free to add me. Hugs!
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    hello!! :) i also started over today!

i agree with you, weekends and nighttime's and junk food are my BIGEST weakness when it comes to food...well right next to peanut butter pretzels haha. feel free to add me if you'd like some support!

<3 lulu
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you .... My exercise buddy moved away last year and I just have not been the same since.

My husband is there for me - but he does not have as much weight to lose - so i feel that he is less motivated than I am regarding this journey.

SO - I turn to my MFP family to keep me motivated and on track. I won't even guess and tell you what version of my weight loss journey I am on since starting MFP. What matters is that I keep with it this time.

I began this installment on November 3rd with the purchase of my FitBit One. Over the past week I have come to realize that even though I thought I was fairly active during the day - I was actually far from it. The knowledge that my FitBit is with me recording every step I make has helped keep me motivated to remain active during the day.

Now - I need support and encouragement for evenings ........

Sending you a Friend Request now!
  • brendapoole
    Options
    Hi I am starting over today too! I am so frustrated and confused. Do I count calories, do I count carbs etc. I tried the low carb diet but, about 3 days is all I can do, then I binge. I don't have alot to lose around 20 pounds, but I have been saying this forever! I am ready to get this weight off.
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! I had a baby in May of 11 and am still working to lose that weight! :-) I'd love to team up with you and help you through your journey!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I had a baby Feb of 2011 and trying to get back on the wagon! Feel free to add me to help along this journey!
  • upferadoption
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier!
  • nmonty21
    nmonty21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me too! Round two here. Feel free to add me :-)
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hey start over as many times as it takes, that takes courage!

I hope this is the last time but if not make sure you come back ;)