I'm not tracking my weight...

Options
Hey there! I'm trying something different. In the past I have become obsessed with the number on the scale...can I lose one more pound by tomorrow?....oh no, I'm up two. I am losing weight this time (don't know how much so far LOL) without weighing myself. I have chosen, instead, to allow my clothing/energy/little changes I have noticed to be my guide, not the numbers. Sure, I will eventually step on that scale (will have to buy one first!), but I feel, well....happier doing it this way. Anyone else out there doing this? I'm quite happy logging my food and exercise, knowing that I am staying under my caloric intake for the day. That alone is almost a "reward" at the end of the day. :)

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If I were you I just wouldn't buy one. Go by your clothes, photos and the good old tape measure. It's great you're doing it this way.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I used to be obsessed with the scale -- stepping on daily (if not more than once per day). I have made the switch to tape measure. And although I still step on the scale, it is now only once per month (when I take my measurements).
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh either. I am on a cut right now, and don't have lots to lose anyway so I just go by the way I look.
  • eyeliner128
    eyeliner128 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale. I can tell by how my jeans fit and by my face.
  • gingerlaurie
    gingerlaurie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'll continue what I'm doing. I guess we all have to do what works best for ourselves! :)