New and looking for friends/motivators

Options
Hey All,

My name is Sylvia and this is my 2nd go around trying to lose weight. I lost 25lbs but slowly put almost ALL of it back on. I weighed this morning and said NO MORE! I worked very hard to lose those 25lbs and ill be Darned if I just put it back on for nothing. Its harder for me to stay focused because my husband is overweight as well but not trying to lose weight and always wanting to eat unhealthy. I buy strictly healthy foods for the house but sometimes we just dont cook. I would love if some of you would add me and help keep me motivated. Look forward to hearing for yall

Replies

• smile2224
    Options
    Hi,

I know what you mean I lost 50 lbs and somehow managed to put it all back on and now I am trying to lose it all again. Im kinda frustrated with myself for me gain it all back. I worked so hard to get it all off and had just started feeling more confident and then it all came back.

What type of exercises are you doing?
  • StillFighting
    Options
    I was trying to lose 60 and got 25 down and its almost all back :(. as of right now i am just using a treadmill 5 days a week, i have a very demanding schedule so i try to do cardio at the very least.
  • indeed11
    Options
    I think we all can relate with the yo-yo diet. We take the weight off and then get happy/satisfied/lazy/tired/bored . . . whatever the reason is and we go back to the learned behaviour that we live in while not focusing on food.

The most important lesson I have learned during my journey is "why" I eat. I am an emotional eater. When I get down or depressed or . . . I eat to subdue the emotions I need to deal with in another way. I know this!!! but still have to fight it.

I am now working on 30 lbs I put on this year. Yes I said thirty! It makes my head hurt to have to re-do! But one day at a time.
  • ardorrequiem
    Options
    I am more than with you on that one. I was down to 170 this time last year and now I'm at 208! I joined team beachbody. i find the the meal planning and the workouts combined with the online resources have really helped me stay on track so far. You should try a challenge! I'm starting slim in 6 as soon as it comes in the mail, and shakeology has really helped with my sugar cravings. I won't lie to you, the stuff tastes like *kitten* (except the greenberry one which tastes like what I imagine wheat grass powder must taste like) but it works, and you get used to it. hit me up if youre interested.
  • kattlovefeo18
    Options
    i need some advice....
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    We have all been there! My daughter and i work constantly to stay focused and i have gained my weight back in the past but after awhile you finally get tired of that crap!
    you can do this!!
    STay focused - even if you are the only one in the house trying to live a healthier life. Maybe you can stick to your guns and at some point motivate your husband as well. Dont let anyone drag you down - dont be your own enemy - be your own motivator! Being here at the my fitness pal community will hopefully help you out also!

Good luck!
  • StillFighting
    Options
    on what?
  • StillFighting
    Options
    Thank you :) i know when i lost that 25 lbs my husband kept saying you are looking so good and you look like you lost so much weight and he could hardly keep his hands off me.. i think that motivated him a little. but now he just doesnt care to lose weight.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! Welcome! Feel free to add me...we can all use support :)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Katt - what do you need advice on?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me : )
  • Unique_Beauty82
    Options
    Hi I do understand. Why don't you try to use one day a week as a cheat day. This will help with not feeling like cooking, but you will have to work out harder that day, but at least you won't feel bad if you don't eat healthy. Also another suggestion when you do go out try to eat at more healthier places. I hope this helps.
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Not being a dink... but think like this. Do NOT do it for him... do it for yourself and no one else. It is your heal, it is your body. Only you stop you. No one else but you. You alone control your actions no one else can.

318858_298496493585322_127764430_n.jpg
  • wheldar
    Options
    Hello all. I am also new to this. I currently weight 221lbs and would love to get below 200lbs. I want to do this smartly as I have lost over 40lbs in the past and then put 60lbs back on.....Argggh!

With the diet I am on (Diabetes Plan from my doc for 1800cals a day), I hope not to fall into the Yo-Yo thing again. Even though I lost so much weight, I did not have an 'after' plan, and I fell back into my bad eating habits and gained back even more than I lost. How frustrating that was and is.

Using the MFP intake log, I can see immediately how well I am doing. THIS IS GREAT!!!

I am looking for how others keep their enthuziasm, especially in the early days when the weight loss might not be so noticable.

How do you stay motivated? My work affords me ample walking. I park far away from stores so I have to walk a ways to get there. I am looking at adding the treadmill back into the routine, a little at a time until I can build stamina and energy to do more.

Entering my food intake will probably be the best notivator for me as I will be able to see exactly what I am eating. I know I cannot cheat on this as it will only derail me later.

Hope to find others who like to talk about their challanges and wins and interested in helping others meet their health goals.

RG
    Atlanta, GA
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Agree with DUC78 - Do it for yourself IN SPITE of your husband...you can do this - I know because that's what I had to do! In spite of my husband and teenage son who both ate like crap and brought crap into the house to eat....I lost 35 lbs and kept it off.

I'm just working on some maintenance/vanity pounds now....but I try to be a good role model, I don't cook a lot (I do usually try to cook something that I can use as the basis of my lunch or dinner all week though on the weekend...plan ahead) - my diary is open and you're more then welcome to friend me or just browse through my diary. If you see something you like and want the recipe, just ask...they're not secrets :smile: I am human, however...so not every day is a perfect day.

Eat lots of vegetables (the more raw the better); they fill you up and they're SUPER low in calories!!
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I am with you, but from the other side. My wife could/should lose some pounds, she has always done most of the food shopping. She knows my trigger foods, and she still brings them home all the time. I seriously think she does it on purpose, but she says it's for the kids - they don't need this either. I told myself it doesn't matter this time, I will be strong enough to avoid the traps, and hopefully it will motivate her in the end. I already see the kids noticing the food I eat (or don't eat).

Do it for you, he will come around
  • wheldar
    Options
    Love the pic, great motivator.

RG
  • Kellyreen
    Kellyreen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Been a yo yo my whole life. I have been losing consistantly except for the week I didn't have power for a week and the only food choices around were snack foods pizza hut, and mc donalds. Thank god that's over I gained two pounds that week. But got right back on track after it was over. This program is easy to follow and I officially enjoy working out again. I really don't have many friends on here either so add me peeps. Thank you