Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Working Mum - Home Exercise Ideas Needed!! :D

Hey there,

Can anyone please give me ideas for exercises at home with minimal gear (a exercycle and some weights) I get home in the afternoon and do not have the option of joining a gym so I need fresh work out ideas so I dont get bored and laze on the couch instead!

Thanks in advace :)

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    You could go with a few cardio videos and a couple dumb bells.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    There are all kinds of stuff you can do!! If you have a hallway, do lunges back & forth...do squats during commercials, count your reps and try to beat your # the next time...push ups/sit ups are basic non-equipment moves you can do....take a kitchen chair and do some tricep dips...you can do alot with just basic household stuff :)
  • Check out Melissa Bender at www.benderfitness.com she has a TON of workout videos that you can do at home!!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    i love my kettlebell!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,164 Member
    Leslie Sansone's walking workouts. You can find some on You Tube. I have done them and they do get your going. :)
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    -standing squats
    -one legged squats (use a chair if you need one, go as low as possible then back up)
    -push-ups
    -whenever you stand bend your knees a little it'll work your butt and thighs nice and gently
    -jumping jack
    -skip rope
    -jump ...just jump...a lot.. up the stairs is even better
    -chin-ups if you can create a set-up of sorts
    -sit-ups
    -anything with an exercise ball
    -self-improvised yoga

There you go!
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    Work whatever till it burns
    Sweat to earn your shower
  • I'm a stay at home mom and I really enjoy the Tone It Up girls at ToneItUp.com You can see a ton of free workouts on their YouTube channel too!!!
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels... find it on Youtube... 10 days each for levels 1-3.
    You need a jog bra and some 3-5 lb weights or some cans of soup.
    It's a 20 minute workout with some warm up and cool down. It'll kick your butt.
  • Jillian michaels DVDs or download some apps for your smartphone or tablet if you have one. Walks around your neighborhood if that's an option. I love my treadmill.
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Here's an exercise routine that I saw on here an liked. You can use pretty much any 4 exercises for it, so you can do things that don't need equipment, like squats, push ups, crunches, dips, etc...

"Get a regular ol' deck of playing cards and keep the jokers in. Pick four exercises and assign one to each suit. Today I am doing heart = clean and press, diamond = sumo deadlift high pull, spade = medicine ball slams, club = sit up. Start flipping the cards of the deck over. Complete the number of reps the card is for the exercise assigned to the suit. So I flip the 7 of hearts, I will do 7 clean and presses. Aces are 11 reps and jokers are a 1 minute plank. Keep flipping until you have gone through the entire deck.

You will end up doing 65 reps of each exercise :-) "
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels... find it on Youtube... 10 days each for levels 1-3.
    You need a jog bra and some 3-5 lb weights or some cans of soup.
    It's a 20 minute workout with some warm up and cool down. It'll kick your butt.

^^Agreed. It's also sold at Target/Walmart for a liiiiiil under $10 and COMPLETELY worth every penny! I LOVE Jillian Michaels! (I plan on doing her Ripped in 30 after I finish 30 Day Shred. 14 more days to go!)
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Check out Melissa Bender at www.benderfitness.com she has a TON of workout videos that you can do at home!!

Agreed!! Love Melissa!!!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    At youtube.com look at the Befit channel. It has the 30 days shred with Jillian, as well as many other video workouts.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Hands down, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is the best place to start. For free on youtube. It will give you fabulous, fast results!
  • 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    Burpies....burpies....burpies
    then jump rope
    burpies...burpies...burpies..
    then jump rope
    etc. to failure

No money for gyms...just a lean toned body....hard work, but worth it
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Hands down, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is the best place to start. For free on youtube. It will give you fabulous, fast results!

omg this!! Or, the DVD is $9 at Target. I enjoyed being able to use my husbands big TV to do the workouts. :D
    I'm an at home mom with almost the same schedule, and the results were mind blowing.
  • EmmaGem76
    EmmaGem76 Posts: 38 Member
    nike fitness club has a free app
    its awesome
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    google body weight exercise programs and routines

there are heaps which will be more than enough to give you a few ideas to make your own
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Check out my blog if you're looking for quick tabata burns. I don't teach tabata very often but when I doin blog about it.