37 Pounds Down!

Options
A friend I haven't seen in ages just told me that my recent facebook photos had inspired her to join a gym. I'm feeling pretty good today (even though I still have a long way to go), so I thought I'd post some before and after pictures. The before shots are from December 2011 and February 2012.

Before:
3Zgwrl.jpg

JJ4WIl.jpg

hzMcsl.jpg?1

And after:

SrZfel.jpg

yZzBal.jpg

I hadn't looked at old pictures in a long time, and I can't believe how much of a difference MFP has made! This really has been a great year.

Replies

• Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Nice work. You look great.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    great loss well done
  • theonenonlykris
    Options
    Great job! A big difference in your mid section and on your smile :)
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    you look awesome! what was your routine?
  • daringstoic
    Options
    you look awesome! what was your routine?

Thanks everyone!

The biggest difference was cutting back what I ate and making better choices. I've got a major sweet tooth and I love comfort foods, and while I still count baking as one of my favorite hobbies, I've learned to exercise some self-control and limit myself to one serving when I eat sweets and other goodies like pizza and french fries. I started logging in the middle of February, and I haven't missed a day. I've really only had two big splurge days where I was way over my calorie goal since then, and I got right back on track after them.

I started out walking and doing some light stationary bike riding for the first few months, and then I took up running during the summer. When the weather was warm, I also rode my bike on errands to stores that were within a few miles of my house, but I've packed that away for the winter now.

The best part is that I'm happy with what I eat. I very rarely feel deprived, so I really believe that this is something I can sustain long-term. This is the first time since early high school when I've looked at myself in the mirror and not hated what I saw, and it's so nice to not dread shopping for clothes anymore.
  • gingerlaurie
    gingerlaurie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WOW, girl!!! Pat yourself on that skinny back of yours and say, "GREAT JOB!!".

Outstanding.:)
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am soooo jealous! i wish i could be down 37lbs right now! Great job! All of your hard work has really paid off! I'm hoping to be posting some pics of myself after I lose that much weight. Gosh, its been a very slow process, because I have pre-diabetes. However, I am going to do this! Your story is inspirational! High 5!
  • daringstoic
    Options
    I am soooo jealous! i wish i could be down 37lbs right now! Great job! All of your hard work has really paid off! I'm hoping to be posting some pics of myself after I lose that much weight. Gosh, its been a very slow process, because I have pre-diabetes. However, I am going to do this! Your story is inspirational! High 5!

Thanks! It's so worth it, and it really does make a difference knowing that other people have walked the same road you're on. Support from the MFP community has played a big role in keeping me on track when I wanted to give up. I just wish I hadn't wasted so many years hating my appearance.
  • selfmedicated2
    selfmedicated2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! You look so wonderful! Congratulations :-)
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    It must feel so good to finally feel like there is an "after." Congratulations!
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • Kathylouhoo
    Options
    Great Job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!