Starbucks sugar free

Options
I have always stayed away from anything labelled "sugar free" but i recently started having their sugar free vanilla syrup or sugar free chocolate syrup...

does anyone know whats in this - i feel very guilty as the rest of my diet is so clean - this stuff is so low cal but low nutrient.....

But what i really want to know is are there a bunch of hidden nasties that i'm hurting myself with???

HELP PLEASE!

Replies

• HitTheFloor
    HitTheFloor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WATER, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, MALTODEXTRIN, CELLULOSE GUM (E466), CITRIC ACID (E330), SUCRALOSE (E955), PRESERVATIVE: SODIUM BENZOATE (E211), COLOR: CARAMEL (E150d).

Ingredients list from Starbucks website.

Now the sucralose is considered bad because it makes the body think it's getting something for nothing and increases nutrient demands. It makes you hungrier. Some people also say that sucralose will end up causing cancer like aspartame and most other sugar replacements.

Only time will tell.
  • SophieSLP
    SophieSLP Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the sugar free mocha.. 5 cals per oz. I'm not a completely "clean" eater and I enjoy my chocolaty coffee damn it!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    So bad or good? I find a hard time believing something so good is actually not bad for you!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe it's GOOD for you. But that's beside the point - it's gross. I'm a Starbucks junkie, and I'm not willing to give it up. So I worked my way down to using less syrup. I'd rather have 1 pump of the tasty syrup than 4 of the nasty stuff.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a weekly Starbucks sugar free peppermint mocha. I also enjoy the sugar free carmel machiato. They both have calories though so remember to count them. They are in MFP database. Remember this journey isn't about removing foods for life, it's about learning to eat healthy and in moderation. Moderation of sugar free products falls into that category :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You can find all the info on their website (or at least you could before when I was comparing). I've tried the sugar free ones before and depending on how much they put in, it can make me feel ill. So like JJSobey, I just use less syrup. I have an app on my phone that I can use when I'm at the store if I don't look on their site before I go to see the calorie count.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i invented a new drink - 2 pumps of sugar free mocha syrup and a pepermint tea bag - its watery but fabulous! YOu can alsouse the chai tea bag (not latte) - no milk in either so at 10 cal for 1 pump the whole thing is 20 cal.... I love it... btu i want to know if im jsut injesting pure chemicals!!!