Running in the Rain

Options
I am so uber excited for the end of the work day today (I might even slip out 30 mins early just to hurry up and get home!)

This is day 12 of a 12 day stretch of work (it almost turned into a 13 day stretch). Anywho, I am off from work for 2 whole days, whoot whoot! Seriously I am so so so very excited.

Here in Sountern Ontario, we are all basically sitting around waiting for the big rain storm that is moving up to us from the eastern side of the states. The weather forecast for the entire weekend is rain. That is ok I don't mind, I have been holding off on washing all of the winter dirt from my car all week waiting for the rain to help me, without me doing any of the effort myself.

Anyway, since Monday I have worked out 6 times, and this is my weekend off.

I plan tonight to go out and have a nice run rain or overcast. Pretty much as long as it isn't a down pour I'm gonna be out there running in the rain. I haven't done that in what feels like 6 months.

Tomorrow (Saturday), after getting a triathlon training swim in, I plan on going rock climbing with my husband at a location 45 mins outside of town.

Hope you have a binge free relaxing weekend!

Replies

• hollyroode
    Options
    Hey! I read what you said about running in the rain in my blog the other day..I am seriously considering it.. although I HATE being cold worse than anything...So maybe tonight as long as it isn't too too bad I'll give it a try :)
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I LOOOVVEEEE running in the rain!!!

Enjoy your workouts :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I agree...running in the rain is fantastic...
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Loooooooooove it! I was all excited to run in the rain this morning, but it wasn't raining at 6 AM when I went for my run. It's supposed to rain here all weekend too, so hopefully I can get a run in the rain tomorrow :)
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hey! I read what you said about running in the rain in my blog the other day..I am seriously considering it.. although I HATE being cold worse than anything...So maybe tonight as long as it isn't too too bad I'll give it a try :)

I suggest wearing a baseball hat though just to keep some of the rain off your face. :happy:
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    sounds like a thrill to run in the rain <3
    i love rain. :)
    put here on the West Coast its raining like pouring D:
    i was thinking to take a walk. well its still morning so maybe after a few hours it cools down <3
  • bigcfarmdee
    Options
    I love running in the rain as well, it is one of my most favorite times to run! Well, when it is a refreshing rain at least. Have fun!
  • LisaCookies
    Options
    I'm in southern Ontario as well. I love running in the rain too!! I haven't been running in the rain since last summer. Very refreshing. (Just starting to get back outdoors in the last few weeks) I'll have to go this weekend.
    Cheers!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I plan to run in the rain tomorrow as well. Love it!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I have run is some adverse conditions...but never the rain. I'll try it at my first opportunity.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm suposed to start a "Learn To Run" clinic tomorrow but have been considering cancelling because of the rain. I think this thread may have changed my mind! Thanks everyone! I'll bring a baseball cap for sure!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy running in a light rain sometimes. But I don't think I'd rock climb in the rain... I have enough trouble holding on as it is! :laugh:
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    I actually enjoy running in a light rain sometimes. But I don't think I'd rock climb in the rain... I have enough trouble holding on as it is! :laugh:

Oh! sorry my bad, indoor climbing hehehe
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    I'm suposed to start a "Learn To Run" clinic tomorrow but have been considering cancelling because of the rain. I think this thread may have changed my mind! Thanks everyone! I'll bring a baseball cap for sure!

Yeah! Def don't skip it, you will haev so much fun!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've actually run in the remnants of a hurricane before (not the wind, just the downpour) and found it to be wonderful. I have no problem running in the rain, especially warm summer rains. Cold fall/winter/spring rains aren't as much fun, cause you end up in a gortex and can't enjoy the rain hitting your skin. But it still, to me, makes the air so fresh and clean that I always do better and find it easier to breath. Drizzle to buckets, I'll run in the rain...;) Have fun and try to pick the dry rocks to climb on...;)
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Rain running is by far the best thing! Enjoy it!:love:
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    Well despite being completely exhaused I did make it out for my run in the rain. 15 mins, wind in my face, up hill. It was great being out there!