Is this unhealthy?!

Options
I can eat like 3 bags of frozen broccoli in one sitting....

My family makes very balanced meals for dinner, so like a huge bowl of broccoli, chicken, and pasta. The only problem with this is that i end up eating not only my broccoli, but everyone's around me and ANYTHING left in the bowl. Its this way with most/all veggies.......i just cant stop eating them! Can i gain weight like this? When i say CANT stop, i seriously mean 5 or more cups.

(encase you were wondering, i barley graze the other food groups - a bite of pasta - a nibble of chicken.)

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Broccoli itself is very good for you - but getting into the habit of guzzling down leftovers doesn't seem like a great idea to me.
    And eating mostly broccoli with a tiny bit of pasta/chicken isn't exactly a balanced meal.

I wouldn't be concerned about the nutritional value of the food itself, but I would be bothered by the behaviour - by not being able to stop eating... whatever kind of food it is.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It's not unhealthy, but you need a well-balanced diet to be healthy. Eating just a nibble of chicken isn't going to meet your protein needs for that meal. Also, you need some good fats too!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options