Immodium = Bloating and Stall

Options
I have Colitis and sometimes have to take Immodium. I HATE it. It makes me so bloated. Today's a weigh in day, but I know it'll show no loss because of this stupid pill.

Anyone else have an IBD??? Do you take anything for it that doesnt cause bloating?

Replies

• Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I do

I take Super Colon Cleanse every day (1 tbsp - mix in a gulp of water :sick: & then drink a full bottle after the gulp)

As long as I take it, I go & I don't bloat & get sick. Can't live without it! Best I've ever found & I've even been on prescription meds for it.
  • yogamazinglife
    yogamazinglife Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming IBD is the same as IBS.

If so, I'm in the same boat. I don't take anything for it really but my Dr proscribed me Kolanticon Gel (I think that's how it's pronounced). It helps with the bloating, it's an anti-spasmatic, anti-flatulance, anti-acid all in one. Life saver some days. Only downside is that it's liquid and comes in a massive bottle so unless I decant it into something smaller, it's hard to take with me.

Also colofac (again, sorry about spelling) is a pill you take 20 minutes before a meal to reduce the effects. It doesn't work all that well on me since sometimes I'm effected by things and sometimes I'm not. But it might work for someone else.
  • bigcfarmdee
    Options
    I have IBS but it has calmed down a lot over the past year or so. When it gets bad, I end up taking dicyclomine (Bentyl). It doesn't really make me feel bloated but I do find that it causes constipation (like you want that, the opposite effect of why you had to take it in the first place). Good luck, I hope you find something that works well for you without all the issues, hang in there!
  • tinabosquez
    tinabosquez Posts: 107
    Options
    I know this sounds strange, but the healthier I eat, the more I CANT use the bathroom. Isn't that weird? But if I go eat a greasy burger and a mountain dew, I will be in the bathroom within 5 minutes. I have a doctors appoinment because I have tried just about everything, from benifiber, metimucil, prune juice, you name it, and I have tried it. Nothing seems to be working for me. I am losing but I think I would be losing alot more if I could use the bathroom normally. Its been 3 days, and I have to weigh in tomorrow! Last night, I drank a whole jug of prune juice and NOTHING. lol Something is definately wrong with me, and I really feel I would lose so much more if I was regular. I am worried to death about my weigh in tomorrow, not because I haven't eaten well all week, because I am soooo bloated and my stomache feels like a rock. All week long, I have eaten a ton of fruits and veggies, every single meal had them in it, plus a ton of chicken and fish. HELL, if anyone has advice for me, I would appreciate it. :happy:
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You poor thing. I dont know what's worse...going too much or not going at all! Good luck with your doctor's appt.
  • Fit4Vet
    Options
    I have Colitis and sometimes have to take Immodium. I HATE it. It makes me so bloated. Today's a weigh in day, but I know it'll show no loss because of this stupid pill.

Anyone else have an IBD??? Do you take anything for it that doesnt cause bloating?

I was assuming that you had the same "couldn't go" problems that my IBS gives me. If you are the opposite, then Super is not for you. Sorry - since it only has the one effect on me, I wasn't thinking about the fact that it does cause the "go all the time", too. :ohwell:
  • Fit4Vet
    Options
    I know this sounds strange, but the healthier I eat, the more I CANT use the bathroom. Isn't that weird? But if I go eat a greasy burger and a mountain dew, I will be in the bathroom within 5 minutes. I have a doctors appoinment because I have tried just about everything, from benifiber, metimucil, prune juice, you name it, and I have tried it. Nothing seems to be working for me. I am losing but I think I would be losing alot more if I could use the bathroom normally. Its been 3 days, and I have to weigh in tomorrow! Last night, I drank a whole jug of prune juice and NOTHING. lol Something is definately wrong with me, and I really feel I would lose so much more if I was regular. I am worried to death about my weigh in tomorrow, not because I haven't eaten well all week, because I am soooo bloated and my stomache feels like a rock. All week long, I have eaten a ton of fruits and veggies, every single meal had them in it, plus a ton of chicken and fish. HELL, if anyone has advice for me, I would appreciate it. :happy:

Tina, I discovered Super Colon Cleanse (got it at the health food store) when my nutritionist asked me to do a "fast". Short order - you will go. I promise. Email me & I'll give you some info on it. It's made with all natural ingredients. I use it every day. And I do a fast about once every 2 weeks (it's not a fast like you don't eat - I don't know why my nutritionist calls it a fast!)
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ground flax seed!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ground flax seed!

For Colitis?? How much and how do I take it?
  • Kelly11
    Options
    I use it when I am unable to go to the bathroom...instead of metamucil, miralax, or some kind of pill. It just helps things move along, but not in the same way as insoluble fiber. When ground, it's sort of gelatinous in water. It's soluble and much, much easier on my insides than any cereal or drug-store remedy...
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    I suffer from IBS too. Mine is strange, either I go all the time or I can't go at all! I started eating Activia yogert a few weeks ago and I really think it has helped me quite a bit. I still have my days, but seems like the more I eat it, the better I am at being regular at least. I have been eating it usually 4 times a week. I suppose its possible that my better eating habits and getting in more fiber may have something to do with it, but, I saw the commercials for it and thought, what the heck, its worth a shot!! And besides, works great within my numbers each day and really does taste good! Try the lime, its my favorite! Good luck!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I use it when I am unable to go to the bathroom...instead of metamucil, miralax, or some kind of pill. It just helps things move along, but not in the same way as insoluble fiber. When ground, it's sort of gelatinous in water. It's soluble and much, much easier on my insides than any cereal or drug-store remedy...
    After grinding, how much do you add to liquid (water/juice)?
  • Kelly11
    Options
    I would say a teaspoon or two the first day -- just try it little by little to see what your body prefers. I think a lot of people put it in shakes to hide the funny texture -- but I just chug it :)