suggestions on a new mattress

Options
Wife and I will be shopping for a new mattress next week. Any ideas on what to look at?

Tempur-pedic, Sleep number, etc. ?????

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    Options
    we got a memory foam mattress from overstock.com...LOVE IT and also love the price!!!
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    We have a memory foam also, it is a Sealy TrueForm, just like the Tempurpedic (sp?), but a lot cheaper. for the two box springs and the king mattress, only $2200, and it is heaven... :)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Memory Foam all the way...best $1800 I spent
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Options
    Good Question~ Mattresses are such a big decision to make since you'll have it for a while & it's very important to your health. We really research this & ended up with a SIMMONS BEAUTY REST XTRA PLUSH! OMG what a difference. My kids have really nice mattresses too but this tops there tempurpedics. I've had back surgery so this was my pick. We went to an expensive store & found what we wanted then....We found a wholesaler on craigslist that met us with our mattress in his big truck. Brand New in the Wrapper with all the Tags & saved $1,000.00. Love It:love::love: :love:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Find a FOUR SEASONS! It's the BEST ever!

Okay, so that was my original comment & then I tried to find out the brand & all of what we have. Did a search for "four seasons mattress" and ended up seeing some pretty grave reviews about my wonderful - couldn't live without - mattress. So, I'll just say it's best to do a little research first.

I did. And, I ended up buying the Spring Air Four Season's Mattress. I stayed at the hotel & fell in love with the mattress the first night - stripped the sheets off - wrote down the name & promptly began research. Found out the price ($XXXX) & waited a long time before buying. Finally was able to afford it, bought a queen & have been one HAPPY sleeper ever since...

until we adopted my darling 4 year old daughter...because she sleeps on my back all night (no matter how many times I put her in her own bed!)

Hubby said yesterday that we are buying a king bed...WITH the same mattress this weekend! Happy Me!

Good Luck, You! :wink:
  • EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    Options
    we got a memory foam mattress from overstock.com...LOVE IT and also love the price!!!

just wanted to add that we got a king size with a 10-year warranty, an ulta-soft memory foam topper and a platform frame for under $900!
  • WilliamFoster
    Options
    I do not recommend Simmons Beauty Rest. My wife & I have a Stears Foster that is great and a Sealy Posturepedic that is great also. The Simmons is only 5 years old and has started sagging. If you get a pillow top I would recommend getting one that can be switched to either side of the mattress so you can flip it. I have saved a lot of money by getting discontinued models from Mattress Outlet in Nashville, TN. The Stearns & Foster was originally $2500 for the set and I got it new in th eplastic for $600.
  • dkcj4fox
    dkcj4fox Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for all the great reviews. We plan on trying out as many as we can!