Tired all the time

Options
Hello all :)
well I notice that I am always tired like always I could literally sleep all day and night and still wake up tired and be tired the whole day. I had heard something on the Doctors show that it could be caused by lack of Iron I just wanted to see if i was the only one with this problem.?

Replies

• louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ive got this problem !! Honestly could sleep all day !! Im trying to add more iron to my diet and drink alot more water x
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    Lots of things it could be Iron, B Vits, SAD (which is what I have) so lack of Vitamin D, stress, not enough calories. The list goes on. When did it start, my SAD starts second week of September finishes roughly April. Hope you get better.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    a friend had these symptoms ....went for complete physical and it turns out his thyroid was off....after finally getting his thyroid medication adjusted he now says he is completely new and wishes he got a check up earlier
  • srawson82
    Options
    Well I'm off to the doctors today regarding my tiredness as I can't sit down in the evening without falling asleep and my partner is starting to get miffed by it so I shall post back when I get back.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I really don't know why, but I get that problem as well. I could sleep for 12 hours and still feel sleepy. I get tired in the middle of working out and just want to stop. It gets to the point where I almost literally fall asleep standing up. I can't concentrate sometimes and it is really annoying.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I was like this before I started losing weight. Once the weight started coming off I noticed that I slept much better, almost all through the night and I actually woke up feeling rested, which I hadn't felt in years. I also had more energy and felt more alert during the day. So assuming it is nothing medical it may just be that with time and change in yoru diet you may start to notice a difference.
  • danaweston
    Options
    check out sleep apnea
    large neck circumferences-- over weight--- large tonsils---snoring --- all could point toward a sleeping disorder
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Could also be that you are sleeping too much.
    I used to sleep about 10 hours a night and I would be sleepy, tired and groggy year round.
    Then my doctor advised me to set sleeping hours, so that I would sleep exactly 8 hours a night.

After about two weeks I felt a lot better and a lot less sleepy.
    Also building up your activity can help. Sitting all day can make you more tired.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Lots of things it could be Iron, B Vits, SAD (which is what I have) so lack of Vitamin D, stress, not enough calories. The list goes on. When did it start, my SAD starts second week of September finishes roughly April. Hope you get better.

This. And I'll add Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to the list, as well as a host of autoimmune disorders.