Cardio Insanity

Options
I started Cardio Insanity yesterday. This is the 1st time I am doing this since 2006 and I did the fit test and I am SO sore. Everything on me hurts. I still have to run in a few hours and then do Insanity when I get home from my night shift. Motivated and trying to stay that way!!

Replies

• 22pirtle
    Options
    I KNOW THE FEELING. I AM ON WEEK 2. I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE SORENESS DOES GO AWAY AFTER THE FIRST WEEK. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. ADD ME IF YOU WANT
  • nattylou90natt
    nattylou90natt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im just starting month two today, the soreness went after about 8 days .. you think to yourself 'wooo im not sore' haha its great!
    Keep it up =)
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd round of Insanity,it is tough but sooo soo worth it,I lost 12lbs my 1st round,good luck and keep digging!!
  • BombShell001
    BombShell001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm also on Week 2. And like everyone else said, don't worry about the soreness. It goes after a week :) Plus it's a good thing. It means you're working out the right muscles xD
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It is a kick butt workout but doing it being heavy makes it even more of a challenge. My 3 yr old thought it was the greatest game ever but was cheering me on and telling me to not stop. =) Hopefully I will have great results after a month. =)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Question: why are you running AND doing Insanity? There's no reason to do both and for several reasons it's a bad idea.
  • Heavyd2g
    Heavyd2g Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I agree with DavPul. Give the running a rest whilst your doing Insanity. 6 days a week of high intensity work outs is goig to push your body hard. Doing stuff on top increases your risk of burning out.

I'm on month 2 and it's really getting intense. Getting results though so that's quite motivating. Good luck !
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I will be completing week 5 on Friday (recovery week). I really have not lost much weight yet but about 2 inches around the waist which works for me.
  • annams76
    Options
    Because I am military and have to PT test next month. I need to get the inches down and still be able to run. I am trying to get fully prepared but why is it a bad idea?
  • annams76
    Options
    I hope I can drop at least 2 inches off my waist but hoping for more.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above you're increasing your risk of burnout. Plus that's a tremendous amount of wear on your knees and other joints with no recovery time. And you're going from this straight to PT so you won't be getting many rest days anytime soon
  • annams76
    Options
    My work schedule is weird so I will only be running on the days I am working. So this week I will run 3 days and then no running for 3 days. I have also decided that every Sunday I will be completely off. I am going to try to not have any cheat meals, which I am not sure how well I will do with that. Thank you for the advise and please feel free to give me more. I could definitely use as much help and motivation as possible to not give up on myself again.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the second week of month 2. If you're going to run on top of Insanity I would suggest you have some really good shoes for Insanity. I started out with my minimilist running shoes and my ankles and knees were bugging me. I run or use the elliptical on my off day and my running shoes are great for that. Had to switch to cross trainers for Insanity. Made the mistake of thinking I could use my running shoes at the start of month 2, but nope, knee pain. Have switched back to my adidas and felt great today during and after the workout. Otherwise, just go at your own pace for Insanity. The soreness will wear off and then come back as you are able to dig deeper. Just stick with it and you should have some great results. During month 1 I lost 10lbs and 10.5in all over. Month 2 is brutal but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have some great results from it. Good luck.
  • annams76
    Options
    Thanks for the shoe advise. I will switch to some cross trainers and see if that helps me. That is great results. I told my husband that I would lose at least 10lbs by the end of the 1st 4 weeks, so here is to hoping. =)
  • nattylou90natt
    nattylou90natt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am on the second day of the max interval workouts .. iv lost no weight at all during the first month!
    Has anyone else found this? Will it come off during this month?
    I havnt exactly ate well and I knowww this is probably why but iv started calorie counting again with the max interval so hoping to maybe drop a few lbs this month over!
  • annams76
    Options
    There is an article that says it doesn't work for everyone but your diet is almost more important than the working out. You will see that once you start eating better that the weight will start to fall off. Good luck!!