new. and a vegan.

Options
Hey everyone! I've been on this thing since January but took a hiatus to use another iPhone app called Lose It! but MFP has way more food options. I never have to input anything myself! So i've come back and singed up my mom and dad with me!

I am looking for friends that can help keep me motivated and keep me in check! hahahahaha... and if your vegan i would love a glimpse into what you are eating!

i'm 26 F, and trying to lose about 65 pounds. I'm starting to work out consistently, Mon and Wednesday i take a boot camp class i love through the community college here in town. i do some yoga and i just started the C25K App on the iPhone! it's totally helping! i'm on the 2nd week and running is getting easier and easier. I've also been tossing the P90X idea around but it's quite intimidating. I think when boot camp ends and i finish my C25K i will start.

Would love to hear any of your thoughts on veganism (yes i make sure i get enough protein and B12, i'm talking for recipe and food wise), P90X, music you listen to while running, etc... and feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• miss_alias
    Options
    I tried going vegan but just couldn't do it. I was vegan for maybe a month or two and then my parents so kindly pointed out my leather purse and leather shoes and I felt like an idiot. I commend you for being able to do it! I found that I was always hungry and overate a lot.

I'm a runner and my playlist has everything from Lady Gaga, Kenny Chesney, and 50 Cent.
  • Wholehearted
    Options
    P90x is totally fun, not as hard as you would think from seeing it on tv. I think that you would really enjoy it.
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    i'm def. taking my veganism slowly and one day at a time. i was never a huge meat eater, so that wasn't a problem, and i decided to give up cheese for lent, then decided to just go the whole way and give up dairy... which means i was a vegan again... i was vegan for quite a while a few years back. it is a hard lifestyle sometimes but i feel it gets easier and easier every day, especially the 2nd time around. i have yet to get rid of my leather, i figure i already bought them so might as well use them! ... so don't feel bad. Protein shakes really help to fill me up! and i have a yummy recipe for a tofu, pesto, brown rice bake that also leaves me full for hours!!! it's all about choosing what foods are best for you and eating a regular times!
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    P90x is totally fun, not as hard as you would think from seeing it on tv. I think that you would really enjoy it.

thanks! do you have a pull up bar? i know one is suggested. but thats kind of impossible for me to add one, let alone buy one haha.