So it really is 80% what you eat....

Options
And i'm ready to accept that and do something about my weight!

Earlier this year I did a challenge and the gym. I worked out 6/7 times per week for 12 weeks. It changed me alot. I became fitter and stronger than I ever have been and ever thought possible. I am happier than I have been my whole adult life (i'm 29) and I don't hate myself anymore like I spent the past decade doing. I can say I deserve to respect myself and I deserve to look after my body.

My downfall with this challenge was I didn't really change my eating habits that much.Even though my body shape changed and I became fitter, I "only" lost about 10 pounds. I have always had a problem with emotional eating. I put half the weight I lost back on in a few months. I got so disheartened that I couldn't just eat what I wanted even though I exercised so much.

The past month i've done really well at changing my eating habits. I haven't binged in a month and am learning alternative methods to deal with stress etc.

I WILL NOT SPEND MY 30'S LIKE I DID MY 20'S!

Oh I had some great experiences in my 20's, but I spent them hating myself and being depressed. No more!

I can SEE myself wearing a bikini next summer! :)

Replies

• spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good on you for taking the initiative and getting back on the wagon!
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
    28848 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You can do this....always remember your past success.....best of luck!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This has always been my problem I think. I'm great at putting in the workouts, I can easily go every day and I love it! When it comes to diet though it could be a lot better.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I thought in 2009 that I could reduce my weight by working out like a maniac. I didn't count on the fact that working out would increasemy appetite. In one year, I only lost 15 pounds, then gained most of it back the following year.

It's really hard for me to work on both my eating and my exercise habits at the same time. Right now I'm mostly working on the eating, trying to get better habits established before I have to face increased appetite from exercising.