Body media

Options
Hello!
Has anyone here tried the body media armbands? I know it works with mfp, but how does it work and how accurate is it?

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    never heard of them... what are they?
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Just got mine and I absolutely love it! I set MFP to my BMR per the Bodymedia website. I track my food on MFP, and Bodymedia tracks my calorie burn. They "talk" to each other automatically, and Bodymedia adjusts MFP automatically to account for the calorie burns I do, while incorporating a 500 calorie a day deficit. I'd been plateaued for a while, but the Bodymedia showed me I was burning alot more calories than I ever would have thought. I upped my calorie intake and the weight has started dropping again!

It also makes me want to be more active, because I want to see big numbers.

Oh yeah, and I sleep like ****. But I already knew that!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of asking for a Body Media for my birthday next month. Colleen, that is so great it helped you break a plateau!! I am really interested to know what I am really burning every day. I am so paranoid of eating too much/too little. I also wonder how accurate they are? If people are having success with it, then they must be fairly accurate! I know not everything is going to be 100% but I would imagine them to be more accurate than online calculators.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I track my food on MFP, and Bodymedia tracks my calorie burn. They "talk" to each other automatically, and Bodymedia adjusts MFP automatically to account for the calorie burns I do, while incorporating a 500 calorie a day deficit.

Thank you for sharing, I didn't know that MFP and Bodymedia could sync! I just synced mine and Bodymedia added in the calorie different into my exercise log automatically, too cool!:drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yeah I saw they could be linked when they showed additional apps on their iphone update.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have one as well and it was one of the best purchases I have ever made!! Love it and can't recommend it enough!

We have a small group of BodyMedia Fit Users in a private group on facebook, if anyone wants to join us, please let me know!! :-)
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have one and I like using it, it definitely makes you want to be more active! It's a bit confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a great tool. If you have a Garmin HRM you can link to Body Media, as well as link to MFP.

I did a small study last week to see what my BMR was so if you want to check out my blog here you go:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/crazyellybean/view/day-2-body-media-experiment-443479
  • cecee27
    cecee27 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I bought mine about one month ago and I can't say enough good things about it. I love that it syncs with MFP, and that it has the bluetooth capability that syncs with my iphone. With the simple click of the button on the device my phone is synced with both the armband and MFP and I know how many steps I've taken, how many calories I've burned, etc. It definately makes you more aware of how many calories your body actually burns. LOVE IT!
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I bought mine about one month ago and I can't say enough good things about it. I love that it syncs with MFP, and that it has the bluetooth capability that syncs with my iphone. With the simple click of the button on the device my phone is synced with both the armband and MFP and I know how many steps I've taken, how many calories I've burned, etc. It definately makes you more aware of how many calories your body actually burns. LOVE IT!

I love seeing good reviews :-)