Nothing seems to be working...

Options
Hi,

I am 5ft2 and roughly 9st10. I have been eating 1200 calories a day (give or take 250) and have been taking part in 3 gym classes or gym sessions, ranging from weights to cardio, a week since January. I have not seen any weight loss or change in body shape or muscle gain.

I just don't really know why I haven't seen a difference. I previously got down to 8st5 when I was working out in Greece but that was due to monetary issues and only being able to afford to eat 1 pack of noodles a day, which I'm sure we will all agree is not healthy at all.

So really I am just looking for some hints, some things anyone else might have found has worked for them?

Thanks

Replies

• moounir
    moounir Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi megane,

There is many reason for that so don't worry and keep going.
    1. You are doing some workout so there is a conversion between fat and muscle. And if you are creating muscle, this is heavier than fat.
    2. You do not loose weigh but you are thiner. I propose you to measure our neck, waist, hip to see if there is any change.
    3. Your body is smart. He understand that you are on diet so he's trying to store some nutrients and decrease the metabolism to consume less.

But you need to continue your effort. Because there is a tipping point that you need to pass and then you'll see some result.

Hope this helps.
  • dcat4563
    dcat4563 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    maybe it is what you are eating - not how much. my husband lost 20lbs in 2 weeks just by cutting out trans fat and lowering cholesterol. he didn't change his calories or his workout routine. I can't see your diary, and even if i could, i wouldn't say i'd know what was going wrong, but there are a few people on here that are willing to take a look if you make it public.
  • meganb2506
    meganb2506 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I might try and lower my carb intake as this is a large part of my diet. Perhaps this will help. I will also measure my key points and see if there is any change here.
  • wheels5894
    wheels5894 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd say sticking to the max cals each day is important. Once MFP has allocated the allowance eat that much but no more. It worked for me! especially don't try to be do better by eating even less - 1200 Kcals is well under your needs so weight has to come off at some stage.