Cravings!

Options
Seriously I have accomplished no work here at the office today. Well like maybe check emails and respond back but that is really it.

Now I have been fightnig a craving to go down to the grocery store downstairs and buy some jubjubes. I've also snacked on 2 kashi chewy granola bars. I am also craving nuts. Arrgg!

Replies

• themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    What's wrong with nuts? Eat some! If you don't have any, try sending someone else down to the store so you won't be tempted to get the jujubes.

I would think if you give in just a little bit to the craving, I bet it will be easier to get the work done so you won't be preoccupied.
  • pennyk78
    pennyk78 Posts: 19
    Options
    Sit on your hands? No, then you'll get zero work done! Have a cup of tea of coffee, that always helps me :drinker:

Out of English interest...what are jujubes? I remember hearing Patrick Swayze talk about them in Dirty Dancing and have always wondered what they were :bigsmile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Omgosh, how crazy is this. I dreamed about jujubes last night!!! I've been trying to find some for my bf, they're his favorite... so I think that's why - his birthday is coming up. So crazy, though! Should not be dreaming about candy, lol.

pennyk78 - they're just chewy fruit candies. They're a little harder than most chewy candies and they're so good.
  • hollyroode
    Options
    That is so ironic.. my Nan just sent home a baggy of fresh jubies with my daughter last night... I absent mindedly ate one and then threw them on the top cupboard before I ate the rest! ahaha
  • chunkymonkeyme
    Options
    Hey Congrats! Your over half way to your goal ... I'm new on this site and was just 'roaming' around ... looking good girl!

you asked about jujubes - here's my take on these addictive little beasties, lol ... they've been around like forever at least in Canada ... they are soooo good, chewy, sticky, fruity, tasty, little soft candies, very colorful red, green, yellow, orange, etc and black, the favorite of most - they taste especially wonderful if you leave them on the dashboard of your car ... they won't melt, but they soften up ... yummy ...
    HOWEVER downfall with jujubes once you pop one ... you might as well 'kiss' the rest of the bag goodbuy (whatever size it is) ... be better to have a small bag of low cal popcorn or a FEW nuts ... but sometimes alternatives just won't do ... will they?

TGIF - Enjoy the weekend!
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hey Congrats! Your over half way to your goal ... I'm new on this site and was just 'roaming' around ... looking good girl!

you asked about jujubes - here's my take on these addictive little beasties, lol ... they've been around like forever at least in Canada ... they are soooo good, chewy, sticky, fruity, tasty, little soft candies, very colorful red, green, yellow, orange, etc and black, the favorite of most - they taste especially wonderful if you leave them on the dashboard of your car ... they won't melt, but they soften up ... yummy ...
    HOWEVER downfall with jujubes once you pop one ... you might as well 'kiss' the rest of the bag goodbuy (whatever size it is) ... be better to have a small bag of low cal popcorn or a FEW nuts ... but sometimes alternatives just won't do ... will they?

TGIF - Enjoy the weekend!

Yes thank you! You summed it up perfectly, better than my mind of mush could muster up (haven't used it today - I've lost it *my mind* LOL) But this is exactly why I never went down ebcause I knwo they only have the big round plastic tub of jubbies. Also another reason why I'm not giving into my craving rather fighting it is because 1 I'm having fresh homemade from the kernals popcorn tonight, but tomorrow my husband and I are going to be out of town (going rock climbing) and we are planning on eating out, so I knwo I'll be over in my calorie count tomorrow, so I don't want to go over today too.

Hope you love the site as much as I do! :smile:
  • chunkymonkeyme
    Options
    oops sorry toldja i was new here ... I was actually replying to PennyK78 ...

wishing you luck with your craving too - try the low cal popcorn - better than a bag of jujubes or salted nuts - it might work
    ?????? and if not ... sometimes it's better to give in to a single craving then raid the cupboards eating everything in sight to satisfy that craving ... doesn't work, does it? We've likely all been there ......
  • chunkymonkeyme
    Options
    Hi Miranda,

oops see i'm not much good at this either (or should that be mush too, lol) - gonna blame being a 'newbie' ...

Yeah, i love this site ... especially the ability to track food consumption ... whoo hoooo but it keeps me honest. It's so easy to trick myselft into thinking that i haven't eaten much in a day ... until of I look at daily intake ... the site offers all the 'tools' i hope i'll need to get to my goal ...

All my life (and we won't divulge just how long that's been, lol) I've never had a weight problem ... that is UNTIL i quit smoking - almost two years ago and wow did i pack the weight on then - 35 lbs of it - i have 25 left to go - have lost 5 lbs so far this week but don't expect that much next week - i understand it's normal to have a significant weight loss the first week(s) depending of course on how much we have to lose ... I'm tall 5'8 1/2" so perhaps i can carry the weight a little easier than most however not liking this extra burden too much ... wanna get back to tall (well guess that's a given) and SLENDER!

Have fun rock climbing, you'll burn so much energy ... you've earned your popcorn tonight ... ENJOY!
  • hockeyhealthy222
    Options
    Hey guys! I've found that I'm pretty good with eating a good breakfast and lunch (lunch in school) but then I get home from school and I just overdo it. So many of my calories are in the later part of the day. I work out a lot but regardless my fitness performance has been affected by this overeating. Any suggestions for beating my afterschool cravings to overeat??