3+ year old McDonald's burger & fries.

I just wanted to spread this video, it's pretty disturbing. I'm sure most of the users on MFP know that fast food isn't healthy, but this is a good example of just HOW gross it really is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGtDPG4UfI

The video is at that YouTube link. If you don't want to watch the whole video, they start to show the food at 2:40.

Replies

• simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    I was just watching that yesterday! My brother has old bags of McDs in his car all the time and you'd think he just went and bought the food - it always looks exactly the same...no rot. Creepy!
  • It's sooo gross! I used to eat McDonalds a few times a week sometimes. I can't imagine that stuff just sitting there, not breaking down easily. And people feed it to their kids *ALL* the time. It's such a shame that it's so cheap & healthy food is so pricey.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    bumping this so I can watch it with sound when I get home!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    i just watched it and i loved me some mcd's before i decided to lose weight. what r they doing to the food that keeps it like that??? eeeww!!
  • I know that McD's treats their meat with ammonia, but I bet they do all sorts of other nasty things to it as well.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    We did something like this in culinary school. We kept a hamburger for a year and it didnt change at all, no mold nothing. DISGUSTING!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    It's sooo gross! I used to eat McDonalds a few times a week sometimes. I can't imagine that stuff just sitting there, not breaking down easily. And people feed it to their kids *ALL* the time. It's such a shame that it's so cheap & healthy food is so pricey.

Completely nasty!
    I don't think it's all that cheap though. It's almost $6.00 for value meals! You can easily make a healthy meal for 2 for that price. It's not because it's cheap that people get fast food...it's because it's FAST. people are too lazy or tired to actually get in the kitchen and whip up something delicious and healthy.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Really gross
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Thanks for sharing this...I think! I posted it to my Face Book page to spread the word. Never again will I let my 2 girls eat this crap. That was it for me! I'm assuming this is true for ALL fast food.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    wow....what ARE they DOING to that (not really) food??? Makes me never want to eat it again!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    All I can say is WOW!! I do not eat meat, but this video is still an eye opener for sure!!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Wow. Yuck...

I don't often eat fast food anymore, but I am guilty of feeding on special occasions to my 12 year old daughter an 2 & 4 year old grandchildren (because they don't have weight problems) That'll probably be cut down even more now!

:noway: