Update to 'I am taunted by my neighbours' thread

Options
So this morning I am stood outside my house waiting for the GPS to find my phone in full neon running gear. My neighbours are stood outside working on their house. They make no comments as I set off on my run.:)

85 minutes later having covered 6.5 miles, when I am running up to my house on my return home, the neighbours clapped and cheered. It made me laugh, so I called out 'Thank you' and waved at them.

No idea if it was sarky or genuine reaction, but I am going to assume they were being nice.:)

Have a nice Saturday.

Replies

• Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I accidently just reported this as innapropriate... I clicked back just in time though so panic over - phew!

I would definitely go with the 'being nice' option and seriously? If you keep at it like you are you're gonna be a power ranger ready to kick their butt!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to hear that! Keep on running!
    So this morning I am stood outside my house waiting for the GPS to find my phone in full neon running gear. My neighbours are stood outside working on their house. They make no comments as I set off on my run.:)

85 minutes later having covered 6.5 miles, when I am running up to my house on my return home, the neighbours clapped and cheered. It made me laugh, so I called out 'Thank you' and waved at them.

No idea if it was sarky or genuine reaction, but I am going to assume they were being nice.:)

Have a nice Saturday.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Whether they were being sarcastic or not a smile and a thankyou was the right response. I'm glad its gotten better for you noone needs to have to put up with how rude they were before. Keep on running you're doing amazing x
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    good work!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    It was probably a compliment. Nice run!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Not only are you doing the right thing for your health, but also you're exhibiting the classy behavior that shows what a lovely person you are!
    (Thanks for posting the update.)
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nice run!

And I would think they're being genuine. I used to be very self conscious about running, but then whenever I was driving and saw ANYONE out running, I would smile and think, "good for them!". Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I pretend that anyone passing me thinks that too :)
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Not only are you doing the right thing for your health, but also you're exhibiting the classy behavior that shows what a lovely person you are!
    (Thanks for posting the update.)

Yes...always keep it classy...
    *applause*
  • cliffcameron
    Options
    yep i agree always assume the best until the opposite is proven great job
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am so PROUD of you! Maybe you will even inspire them to run with you some day if they are able to actually keep up with you. Keep running my dear!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I applaud you too, and, I assure you, I am serious.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Good for you! (And them. =))
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I read your original post, which made me feel so sad for you, I am so glad you have risen above them, I applaud you and keep it up! Keep running, it's your life after all!!
    Sending big hugs!! x
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Hopefully, they have learned their lesson! I agree with everyone though...super proud of you for just doing your thing, taking the high road, and carrying on!!
  • enigmachik
    Options
    Yay! I felt so bad reading your previous post. Snarky or not, whether they admit it or not, I'm sure you have impressed them. The more you run, the greater their respect for you will be (not that you need their respect). Keep it up. You rose above and displayed a better attitude than they did. Hopefully, they are seeing that you are to be commended not ridiculed.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    They are not being idiots this time. Either way be proud of yourself because that is all that matters.
  • skeezicks2
    skeezicks2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Go with Nice! If it wasn't, their reaction was "not in their box!" If you're trying to get healthy, that's your problem box and none of their business.