Chicken Alfredo

Options
Does anyone have a healthy recipe for Chicken Alfredo? :smile:

Replies

• kimmcconkey
    kimmcconkey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe a while back that used cottage cheese and parmesan cheese. Let me see if I can track it down for you.
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i found one on here that they did with laughing cow and it was really good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/110852-laughing-cow-chicken-alfredo
  • kimmcconkey
    kimmcconkey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Found it:

for the Alfredo Sauce
    4 cups cottage cheese (low fat)
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (real stuff)
    1-2 tbsp garlic powder (or to taste)
    1/4 cup of milk (any kind)

warm in pot on stove. Once cheese melts transfer to blender and blend till smooth

The recipe is from The Gracious Pantry website. I haven't tried it yet but want to. Let me know how it turns out.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's called chicken minus the alfredo B-). j/k I was wondering if there was a lower calorie alfredo sauce or something. I love chicken alfredo. Have to use a small amount of sauce no matter what I use.
  • HeatherRM14
    HeatherRM14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I tried the Gracious Pantry one and it takes a loooooooooooooooooooong time to melt cottage cheese. I was still trying to melt it after 30 minutes at the stove, got impatient and ended up with gritty sauce because I thought the blender would finish it up. I just buy the low fat version of the Ragu Alfredo sauce.
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My secret is to use Greek yogurt instead of cream, I found this recipe on Pinterest:

http://www.celebrations.com/content/skinny-chicken-broccoli-alfredo

I tried it a few weeks back it's so rich and yummy you'll never miss the cream!
  • Happytobealive
    Options
    Thank you all - I'm going to pass on the cottage cheese recipe as I don't like cottage cheese.

I will try the one with Greek yogurt and also the one with Laughing Cow Cheese. I'll let you know what I think.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Low-Fat 'Alfredo' Sauce Serves 2 - 125 calories per serving

1/4 cup 2% evaporated milk
    1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
    2 Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb wedges
    1 egg white
    2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan Cheese
    1/4 cup 2% reduced fat mozzarella cheese

Combine all the first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and the cheese wedges melt. Add the Parmesan and mozzarella and stir until melted. (I serve this with Miracle Noodle Fettuccini Shirataki Pasta for 0 extra calories. Just add the pasta at the beginning so it can absorb some of the good flavor from the sauce as it cooks. Yum!)