Fat & Depressed! In need of support and motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You can do this if you really want it! If you'd like feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • Leahbcc
    Leahbcc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am a bit older then you and understand it also. In High School, College, and after I was thin......then I married ahd a child and well eat....had another child and well parted ways......Dropped to a number I liked last July and well had lost 50 only to gain it back toook it off quickly and not for the "right" reasons...Now doing it for me. You can do this and I will add you and support you
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have about 50 more to go-feel free to add me!
  • cpollardsr
    Options
    Leah, I am praying that God give you the strength and determination to make the changes you want in your life. It is hard, VERY HARD and I know that firsthand. I, too, share this malady - loving food too much :). But I am not going to let it defeat me, sure I will fall from time to time, but I plan to get up and move ahead. I've lost 12-14 lbs in the last month and am sorta stuck at the moment. But with discipline and desire I will hang on until I reach my goal weight...another 25lbs. Be encouraged, sweet lady...I am standing with you!
  • cprough
    Options
    I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. JUST DO NOT LET YOUR WEIGHT STOP YOU FROM ENJOYING LIFE. YOU CAN LOOSE WEIGHT. BUT MEANWHILE, DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN. i SPENT MOST OF MY 20'S AND 30'S THINKING I WAS FAT AND UGLY. I WAS NOT AND NEITHER ARE YOU. HANG IN THERE, YOU CAN DO IT.
  • cprough
    Options
    Being heavy is hard. Break things down in smaller goals. Yea it is great to say you want to loss 50 pounds by July...but July is months away. What do you want to loss this month? 5 pounds? 8 pounds? What do you want eat caorie-wish this week? Are you exercising? Make exercise a goal this week. I am gonna walk for 20 minutes 3 times this week. Once you look at smaller goals they aren't as overwhelming and you will start feeling better about yourself. Then went you hit those goals you will feel GREAT. If looking at a week is too much....say today I am gonna walk for 20 minutes. Then do it!!
  • Cathymic2004
    Options
    You don't have to feel alone, trust me I want and need to lose this weight. I'm not at a depressing stage about it though. I'm just tired of being fat and now that I'm starting to lose my breath alot, its perfect timing for me. Don't be discouraged when you don't lose what you think you should have lost. Just keep pushing and pulling towards your dream and goal. God bless you and keep you. I've sent my add request.... :)
  • cprough
    Options
    LOVE THIS IDEA. SMALL GOALS . I AM GOING TO MARK MY CALENDAR WEEKLY.... OR MAYBE MONTHLY. MAYBE 5 POUNDS A MONTH???? THIS SHOULD BE REACHABLE AND I WILL RESET MY GOAL EVERY MONTH. CHANGE THE GOALS AS I NEED TO. MAYBE AN EXERSIZE GOAL ONE MONTH. THANKS FOR THE IDEA
  • Mama2JAK
    Options
    You can do this!!! As long as you focus on being healthy, the weight will take care of itself! I do small goals instead of staring at the finish line or else I get overwhelmed with how far I have to go. Every Monday I add a new baby step. You'll be amazed how far you will come taking one small step at a time! :) The key is making it attainable so you don't get depressed and discouraged. That was always my biggest downfall.