0lbs lost this week

Options
I feel so bummed that I didn't lose any weight this week when I weighed in. I literally weigh the exact same as last week. UGH. I started working out this past week thinking that would help me lose at least 1-2lbs and I lost nothing. Stayed within my calorie intake which is 1200 a day. I did have a few drinks on Saturday night but I don't think that would make me lose nothing. I am just bummed. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• aimiee88
    aimiee88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up and keep going, it does suck when the scales dont budge, and its alot harder to keep going when it doesnt! Thats my problem, but friends on MFP give great motivation and keep you going.:flowerforyou:

May I ask, you said you started working out this week, are you eating your workout calories back?

I only ask this, as I was in the same position as you, I was eating my goal of 1200cals a day, and working out. I wasnt eating my workout cals back, thinking ideal more calories burnt = quicker loss! :drinker:

I actually put on 2lbs that week,:grumble: and when looking into why, relised my NET CALORIE intake was only 800 when exercise was taking into consideration, so I had to break through the wall of 'I cant eat my workout cals' and eat my workout cals too, so NETTING 1200cals and have lost 4lbs this week!!!!!!!. :bigsmile:

Fingers crossed next week will be better and brighter :happy:

PS LOVE drop dead fred!
  • lvalverde82
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it! I am not eating my workout calories. I only eat the 1200 if I can. Sounds really dumb but I would rather be under the 1200 then over. UGH. Never thought I would say it is difficult for me to eat the 1200 when I use to take in 1200 a meal haha. I eat as healthy as possible I like to think but I am doing something wrong. I think it is so dissapointing because I lost 4lbs a week to equal my 2wks on this and then this week nothing. So that is where I am frustrated. Not even an ounce. :sad: grrrrr hahaha.

Great job on the 4lbs! I was stoked when I seen that for the first two weeks! Coudn't believe it. :happy:

I need to change my profile picutre haha. I am still trying to figure this thing out so I just added whatever photo from my phone haha. I posted that on FB a few weeks ago because it is one of my favorites :glasses:

Thanks again for your POST! :smile:
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i do everything the same week in week out eat healthy as i can (think i do ok ) and walk lots i usally loose a pound or 2 but there has been the odd week where theres no change , i think its just something that happens no real reason for it , dont let this dishearten you your prob find most of us have them no loss weeks and even a tiny bit of gain weeks to
  • LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yyou might want to look at the drinks. Although I'm not a drinker, I've looked at some other diaries and drinks can be very high in calories and sugar. Also, you definitely have to eat your exercise calories back. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode.
  • lvalverde82
    Options
    Very intersting point. I did have a lot fof "Mama Drinks" on Saturday. Plus, I do not eat my workout calories. I will try that for sure this week! Thank you so much. I really appreciate all of your comments!!!! :happy:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    At least you didn't gain.
  • Mama2JAK
    Options
    Definitely start adding some of your workout calories back in. Even if you only do it a few days per week. Varying your calorie intake (while sticking to healthy foods) will really help break your stall. I know it sounds crazy to eat MORE to lose weight but it really does work especially if you are trying to sustain an intense workout schedule. :)
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When you start to work out something happens for about 2 weeks that you wont lose weight (ive seen lots of things liek your body hold on to water or your muscles swell)...either way it you wont see much budge on the scale but after that you will lose weight. Trust me I went through this and I was so miserable I almost gave up and everyone said same thing keep going and it will come off and it did. LOL. PLus you feel so good after it worth it!
  • lvalverde82
    Options
    When you start to work out something happens for about 2 weeks that you wont lose weight (ive seen lots of things liek your body hold on to water or your muscles swell)...either way it you wont see much budge on the scale but after that you will lose weight. Trust me I went through this and I was so miserable I almost gave up and everyone said same thing keep going and it will come off and it did. LOL. PLus you feel so good after it worth it!

Thank you so much for ALL your advice!!! I will have to post another in about two weeks and see where I am then. Thank you AGAIN!!!! And, YES, at least I didn't gain haha. :bigsmile:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it! I am not eating my workout calories. I only eat the 1200 if I can. Sounds really dumb but I would rather be under the 1200 then over. UGH. Never thought I would say it is difficult for me to eat the 1200 when I use to take in 1200 a meal haha. I eat as healthy as possible I like to think but I am doing something wrong. I think it is so dissapointing because I lost 4lbs a week to equal my 2wks on this and then this week nothing. So that is where I am frustrated. Not even an ounce. :sad: grrrrr hahaha.

Great job on the 4lbs! I was stoked when I seen that for the first two weeks! Coudn't believe it. :happy:

I need to change my profile picutre haha. I am still trying to figure this thing out so I just added whatever photo from my phone haha. I posted that on FB a few weeks ago because it is one of my favorites :glasses:

Thanks again for your POST! :smile:

You just started exercising - your muscles are retaining fluid for repair.

Also, eat back your exercise calories. At least a portion of them. Otherwise your calorie deficit is too large.
  • Hiccup90
    Hiccup90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I first started dieting I was doing 1200 a day. I lost weight at first (lost about 12lb) but it slowed right down. I got fed up and stopped logging in and tracking my food. I decided one day to track it and I had eaten only 800 calories on the day I tracked. So I got back to it but decided to build my calories up. I'm now doing Weight Watchers again and eating more calories a day than I was doing and the weight is coming off.
    One thing I have heard over and over again is that 1200 is the minimum someone should eat. That doesn't mean 1,100 so you don't go over your target. You should have 1,200 or more. My mum did the 1200 thing for a while and the same thing happened to her. Weight moved at first but then it stopped.

When I started MFP it said for me to have 1700. I thought that's too high since I was on 1200 at the time but now I'll eat 1700 some days and still lose.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I think I have plateaued more weeks than losing weight! If you're (honestly) sticking to your calorie goals and eating healthy foods, and getting some exercise, you are doing it right. Your body will catch up. Every month usually I am exactly the same weight for 3 weeks, and then all the weight falls off the last week. It's the weirdest thing. Keep doing what you're doing. I know it's frustrating but don't give up!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are probably not eating enough - I had my best result when I upped my cals to over 1400, and ate back all my exercise calories. Second, you will not lose the same amount every week. Some weeks, you might have a big loss, and then no loss or even a slight gain for a week or two, but then you will likely have a larger loss again. Just stick to it. If you average it out over a month or two, then you will probably see that you are losing at a rate of 1-2 pounds a week.