Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Lucky Charms instead.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Hey you were posting while I was posting. Nice, we had the same thoughts. :laugh:

Indeed. The two-percent milk is good. I pour diet coke on mine - - you know, because it's zero calorie.

I never thought of that! That means the whole meal has no calories afterwards, right? Like when you eat celery and your body burns a gazillion calories digesting it. People need to know this stuff!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    plain special k cereal and gluten free rice chex--low in calories. you can put a pack or 2 of no calorie sweetener in it if you need too.

If you want to save money you can cut come cardboard into bite sized pieces and pour sweetener on that, it is about as yummy. :wink:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Red 40 makes my 7 year old son go crazy. Really. He hits things, screams, cries at the drop of a hat.. depending on the amount of dye he has eaten, it can last up to 3 days.
    Those kinda cereals are banned from my house (among other things)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    If you want to save money you can cut come cardboard into bite sized pieces and pour sweetener on that
    Good fiber that way too.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Lucky Charms instead.

froot loops....the extra Os make it healthy.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness - Chocolate Chex & Cinnamon Chex are both gluten free and awesome to quiet a sweets craving
  • cdsherer
    Options
    What about Special K cereal?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, plus the nutrition of the milk. It's only part of a complete breakfast. You need to add some protein at least. But it's great for snacks!

IMG_3971.jpg
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    plain special k cereal and gluten free rice chex--low in calories. you can put a pack or 2 of no calorie sweetener in it if you need too.
    Special K had sugar listed as its third ingredient. It's highly processed and will do nothing for you. My diabetic friend's blood sugar levels go higher after Special K than they do after she eats chocolate.

Don't touch the stuff :(
  • JessicaB_89
    Options
    I like Mom's Best Organic cereals! They have sugar in them so it depends how many calories you're doing but they're delicious and quick. Held me up til lunch and feels like a cheat. ;) :P
    I bought them on sale at Kroger for $1.29 a box.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Cereal is a no-go for me. Too many calories and doesn't fill me up at all, and just makes me crave more crunchy, sweet things. I know they have ones that are 100 cals per serving, but seriously, 3/4 of a cup? I don't think so...
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have to avoid cereal. In college I lived off boxes of cereal cause it was cheap and easy to cook.

But, I usually pour about 3 or 4 servings in a bowl. Who knew that one serving of Reese's puffs wasnt half a box?!?! :grumble:

That being said, what do you consider healthy? I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch and eat it with my Greek Yogurt. However I have a friend who will not eat it because of the GMO issue and kashi I guess uses GMO grains.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i eat cereal as a treat, or night time snack. i would NEVER eat cereal for breakfast now. i need protein and fat! not carbs and sugar.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Special K had sugar listed as its third ingredient. It's highly processed and will do nothing for you. My diabetic friend's blood sugar levels go higher after Special K than they do after she eats chocolate.

Don't touch the stuff :(

I know! You can't even eat Special K unless you dump extra sugar in it! Third ingredient indeed.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Grape Nuts is one that hasn't been mentioned. Its about like eating shotgun shells, real heavy on the stomach. Pretty high in protein for a cereal. I like to use a coffee mug instead of a bowl, the stuff is so dense that a bowl is way too much.

I personally like to munch on plain 'ol Cheerios when a snack attack hits. Its pretty low cal and fairly conducive to straight from the box snacking.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I LOVE cereal. Count Chocula is my favorite. Captain Crunch is pretty high on the list. Then Frosted Mini Wheats, and honey bunches of oats.

There is a huge difference between a serving of cereal and a huge bowl of cereal though. That's about the only change in cereal eating habits. I eat healthy amounts now as opposed to a giant bowl.

It might not be the healthiest food on the shelf, and I don't even come close to pretending that it is, but it does taste good, and sometimes I just need to eat because I enjoy a flavor instead of purely for the nutrients going in to my body. However, I still feel healthier, and I am still loosing weight, so lecture away, I promise I'll read your posts, while eating my lucky charms.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I only eat:

Kashi Go Lean Original
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax.

1 cup of cereal usually with 3/4 cup Almond milk. YES, I measure it.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Grape Nuts is one that hasn't been mentioned. Its about like eating shotgun shells, real heavy on the stomach. Pretty high in protein for a cereal. I like to use a coffee mug instead of a bowl, the stuff is so dense that a bowl is way too much.

I personally like to munch on plain 'ol Cheerios when a snack attack hits. Its pretty low cal and fairly conducive to straight from the box snacking.

I can do about a handful of Grape Nuts. My dad used to eat it when I was a kid. I love Cheerios though, especially Honey Nut Cheerios!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.