UFC 154

Options
MsP90X
MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
I am giddy that I will be in attendance for the UFC 154 fight!!

I want to take a poll and see who you all think will win... will GSP remain the victor or will Condit take the win?

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Sooooo unbelievably jealous of you. GSP for sure!!
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love Condit but GSP is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time. His win will set up a showdown with Anderson Silva too!!! Fight of the Century!
  • sky3z
    sky3z Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    :P Lol GSP fangirls pouring in
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    GSP, gotta say regardless of outcome is one of my idols
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am GSP all the way... OF COURSE :)

He is gonna be yummy to watch in person.... :D
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    GSP! :)
  • Dub_D
    Options

What do you mean by that? Like mentioned above he is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    GSP of course.

Sure would like to see him take on Silva the Spyder! ;)
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I really want Condit to win .... and hes got a really good chance but its a punchers chance. His mauy Tai is very very good and could be a real problem for GSP's normal boring lay n pray style as he will have to meet those knees head on to get him down. And anyone who knows Muay Tai knows that knees are deadly tool in their arsenal. If you ever watched the 1st Serra vs GSP fight you know that GSP is capable of getting caught.

That being said GSP is real physical speciman, and Carlos is going to have bring his A+++ game to win. I hope he does because GSP is just too damn cautious and the entertainment factor isnt there anymore. He wins fights but doesnt entertain the fans like he used to.

So my pick is GSP by unanimous decision.

My other pick for the fight:

Hendricks by TKO in the 2nd

Pretty horendous card and I wont be paying to watch it.

One other note. Did anyone catch the flash KO by Kung Lee on Rich Franklin? Pretty amazing.
  • jtc71
    jtc71 Posts: 14
    Options
    Waaayyy too long of a lay-off for GSP - who I predict will be upset again.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    One other note. Did anyone catch the flash KO by Kung Lee on Rich Franklin? Pretty amazing.

That was a crazy knockout. He didn't even know what happened when they asked him to comment, kinda felt bad for him.
  • jesse1379
    Options

Here in a few months the girls will have someone to really root for. Dana White is introducing Rhonda Rousey on a future card as the first female bout in UFC history. I think he made the right decision because the last couple fights Rhonda was in were more entertaining than a lot of the male fights on her cards. Girl is a beast with those armbars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwM5f42w8cw

2dkIH.jpg

I too felt bad for Ace, that was one of those KO's that damage you for life. I guess all KOs do in some fashion, but that was a bad one. He was on the ground for a good couple of minutes before he even gained conciousness again.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It will be GSP again! :smile:
  • Dub_D
    Options

Here in a few months the girls will have someone to really root for. Dana White is introducing Rhonda Rousey on a future card as the first female bout in UFC history. I think he made the right decision because the last couple fights Rhonda was in were more entertaining than a lot of the male fights on her cards. Girl is a beast with those armbars.

2dkIH.jpg

Are you serious?? I haven't heard anything about this and can't find anything on their site. Can you post a link with further info?
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    GSP should be able to win, but he's coming off a very long layoff from a very serious knee injury. Blown ACL's have ended many fighters careers, and many other athletes as well. Condit has the skill set to beat GSP if GSP isn't 10)% confident in that knee.

I think the Cote, Stout, and Carvalho fights will be more interesting and exciting fights.
  • jesse1379
    Options

2dkIH.jpg

Are you serious?? I haven't heard anything about this and can't find anything on their site. Can you post a link with further info?

The org. that she was fighting for (Strikeforce) was bought out by the UFC and is folding. She will be brought over as the automatic 135lb champ. Sherdog did have an aritcle about it but I couldnt find it for some reason.

Sources:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-martial-arts/ronda-rousey-to-fight-in-the-ufc-1.4203744

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/08/ronda-rousey-female-fighter-ufc-fighter/
  • jesse1379
    Options
    Wow you see COTE get beat down. I only saw like 3-4 elbows to the back of his head...it should have been a no contest not a DQ. He didnt do that crap on purpose at all IMO. He f'd COTE up!
  • rambo831
    Options
    GSP is a boring fighter, but a great fighter. I am pulling for him tonight, not because I dislike Condit. I really want to see a superfight if you will of GSP/Silva. Ideally I would love to see Silva/Jones, but that will never happen, so GSP/Silva would be almost as good.
  • jesse1379
    Options
    Hendricks is a future champion......that is all
  • bennysammysofie
    Options
    GSP....
    more importantly, Rousey!