Doctor Sanctioned NSV

Options
I went to see my doctor yesterday as I needed a refill on a prescription for my IBS-C (which I take less and less over time!), and when my doctor asked if I had any health related changes since I last saw him (January, I believe), I told him I had lost almost 60 lbs since Memorial Day. He looked shocked for a moment and asked what I was doing, so I told him that I was working out for about an hour a day (600-700 calorie burn per day) and eating 1200 calories + about 400-500 back from working out and he was very impressed! He knew about MyFitnessPal and said it was a great tool.

He gave me a lot of praise and told me that I was doing things exactly right after I told him the kinds of foods I was eating and it made me feel amazing! He listened to my heart and said it sounded a little slower than normal, which he explained was a result of being 'very fit'!

Very nice feeling. Not only is my plan working, it is now doctor approved!

Ran at 5 mph for an hour at the gym this morning to celebrate!

Replies

• josachi
    Options
    Best kind of NSV...to know that you are taking care of your body in the healthiest way possible. GREAT JOB! :flowerforyou: Love, love, love the way you celebrated as well!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That's awesome to hear! I think this is such a great NSV because it shows that you are truly taking care of yourself health wise. I think some people tend to forget that keeping our bodies healthy and fit is the best reward in this whole journey. Congrats and keep up the good work! :smile:
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So cool!! I've said it before and I'll continue to say it, I'm so proud of you! I know that may sound a little "mom-like" but I am. It's been great watching our friendship evolve from dinners at Red Robin to hiking, and now a 5K! I can't wait to kick *kitten* at the JBR with you in a few weeks!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!