1300 calories a day.

Options
Good Morning:)) I was looking for people that are on a 1300 calorie a day like me. I am running out of ideas on what to eat. Also getting tired of eating the same thing. Any one that has ideas or would like to add me feel free. Thank you for all your help. I do long in everyday & find that MFP is awesome & keeps me on track. Today is my 27th day & have lost 11 lbs as of yesterday. I have high blood pressure & high cholesterol so I'm hoping losing this weight is going to help me. Well good luck to everyone on your weight loss!!!!

Replies

• proudmommy11052
    proudmommy11052 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Brenda! I am on a 1350 calorie diet and I also have high blood pressure. I went though the same thing with getting tired of eating the same foods over and over! I've learned to mix things up without going over my budget....I added you as a friend and we can talk more if you like ;)
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am on 1450 calories but my diary is open to friends for ideas and suggestions. Add me if you'd like! :)
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hiya, feel free to add me and browse, I'm on 1500 bit usually hit 1300-1400 x
  • mujerebelde
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm really interested in understanding this 1300-calorie food regime a bit better - why so few calories? Our bodies require about 1200 just to be alive without doing anything, so I'm wondering how long you've been at 1300 cals and how long before you increase.
  • dellalyn
    Options
    I'm on 1360 calories right now and it's taken me a while to get used to eating enough to no longer be hungry vs. eating to be full.
    For me there is a big difference between the two.

I have a hard time eating breakfast so I usually make a protein poweder/fruit/yougut smoothie for about 200 calories.
    Or eat a Kashi Go Lean cereal.
    Then a snack of a hard cooked egg around 10 AM

Lunch is hard for me. I don't always pack one and I should. I've been eating a sandwich on lite bread for around 200 - 250 calories and that works. Or soup with a couple of Wasa crackers.

Snack in afternoon - apple and slice of low fat cheese.

Dinner - protein, vegetable, salad
    I tend to save calories for a glass of wine or a vodka soda (or two) in the evening

I vary things with the veggie burger/chicken patties you can find in the freezer section. I often bake tofu and add that or hard cooked eggs to my salad. I cook up a chicken each week so I can add that to my salad or sandwich so I don't have to eat store bought lunch meet.

The hard part for me is moving away from my pattern of filling up on carbs. I eat just a little brown rice or the potato skin of a baked potato. Pasta hardly seems worth it to me for the calories in a serving.

I'm still figuring it out for myself - but this has been my pattern for the last month and I'm seeing the changes.

oh -and I'm not working out right now as too busy with work and grad school. So I'm not earning extra calories at this point.

Good luck and if you want to friend me I'd be glad try to help you with your journey.
  • brenda446
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm really interested in understanding this 1300-calorie food regime a bit better - why so few calories? Our bodies require about 1200 just to be alive without doing anything, so I'm wondering how long you've been at 1300 cals and how long before you increase.
    I am on a 1310 calorie diet. And not sure why because when I filled out everything on MFP profile & answered all the questions that's what it said to eat. I 'm fine with that because I still don't eat all of that. I work 2 jobs & have 3 children at home & 1 Granddaughter that's almost 9 months so I'm always doing something. I have only just started just about to be at 30 days.
  • brenda446
    Options
    Hi Brenda! I am on a 1350 calorie diet and I also have high blood pressure. I went though the same thing with getting tired of eating the same foods over and over! I've learned to mix things up without going over my budget....I added you as a friend and we can talk more if you like ;)
    Hello!! And thank you for the add. Look forward to talking to you.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    HI there!! I am a 1350 calories a day. But I set it myself. I was at 1200 but wasn't going anywhere fast so I upped it! If you'd like feel free to add me. I have an open diary, I do tend to eat the same sorts of things daily, that just keeps me on track. Have a good day!! :)
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my calories around 1250 a day, but you can add me if you like.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! I have my calories set to 1300ish and diary is open to friends :)
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I bounce around from 1200-1500 depending on exercise :smile:
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I typically try and stay around 1200 calories a day.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi! I eat 1350 and get most of my meal ideas from skinnytaste.com
  • tasha0814
    tasha0814 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also at 1200 calories a day too! Adding you! :)
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I aim to eat between 1200 and 1500, and my diet consists mainly of fruits and veggies. I'm always looking for some variety since I get bored so easily.
  • SimpleChristy
    SimpleChristy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm currently set at 1200 a day, but not sure if I should change that. I do eat more on days that I work out (Which hasn't been much lately) to account for the extra exertion.

I also have a high goal for fiber that I'm working my way up to. So I'm trying to add more fruits and vegetables. I get bored easily, too. But I have a few "go-to" meals.
  • kindleworm99
    Options
    I am on 1200 cals. Well on a cold weather I LOVE to eat progresso Soups Light. 120 calories at least and add some frozen vegetables so delish! I drink with swiss miss low cal. I feel so satisfied. Hence the sodium drink water.
  • janehlansing
    Options
    Kindleworm, that sounds really good.
  • sboling79
    sboling79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat 1250 a day but more if I exercise. Feel free to add me, please!
  • brenda446
    Options
    Thank you everyone. All of the info you all have sent me are GREAT!! I know it's along journey. And no magic pills but I know with all the support we give each other we all will do well. Good luck everyone!!!!!