Good sports bras

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
I own a total of six sports bras. Two are inside those work out tanks. Only one fits but it's a little big so it's not that supportive. I usually wear a tighter tank over it and that helps. The other doesn't fit anymore because of my belly so I can't wear it yet. 2 are Nike sports bras and I love them, they're great and comfortable for working out but NOT for running...they're not supportive enough. Two others... one is not very supportive at all and I mainly only wear it around the house or if I'm just going to be walking. The last one is the one I wear the most because it's most supportive...but overall, none of them are all that great. The one I wear most has a funky hook cause I accidentally put it in the dryer once...

My question is, what sports bras are really supportive but still comfortable and not too expensive? Since I'm in a large now, I don't want to spend a lot 'cause I know I'll need to buy new once I lose about 10 lbs more. I tried all that Old Navy offered and none of them worked. I tried a few on at Kohl's, same thing. I just can't find anything that works :( It really sucks. I want to be able to run and not feel like my girls are gonna fall off, y'know?

Replies

• themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Someone posted on this a few days ago, too.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/85752-bra

I still recommend the Lunaire... it's around $30 and fully adjustable. I wear the 34DDD and my bra size is a 34F. Happy hunting!
  • melissalynnlarue
    melissalynnlarue Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OH OH OH!! I have the answer for this one!!... but it depends on what you mean by "not too expensive"...

OK. So Enell makes this sports bra. Best thing EVER. I am a 34F, and have spent years not doing high-impact aerobics, running, etc. I used to, but then got too self-conscious. But now? I'm a RUNNER again, and I am LOVING the lack of bounce.

You can go to www.seejanerun.com to check them out - I found they had the best price, and you can also search for an online coupon that'll give you 10% off your order... or google "Enell" and it'll give you a link right to the website. They tell you how to measure yourself, and then it'll let you know the size. If you can also look for a specialty sports-bra store in your city, they might carry them, and you can see how they fit. I know in my city, they cost about $20 more than what I could get them online for including shipping. www.seejanerun.com had them for $64 regular price, and if you buy 3 or more you get a discount, plus online coupon - I paid less than $55 each even including shipping... I use them all the time, so it's worth it to me to have them. I bought one from my store in town a couple years ago but am much more active now... and I needed at least 2 more so that I wasn't constantly washing them... but by the time I could've gotten two in town here, I could get 3 sent to me in the mail.

It's a vest-type bra that female equestrians use... it has 11 hook & eye closures down the front. It is TIGHT when you first put it on, but your girls will be cemented into place. I don't exercise with anything else now!!

GOOD LUCK!! The Enell has truly revolutionized how I can do exercise. I am a not self-conscious any more!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to a sporting goods store like d-i-c-ks sporting goods and try a bunch on to find one that you like. I have the Champion Women's Powerback which I really like.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I just spend 30$ on one at khol's and it was on sale- originally 45$ eek! Bras are so expensive and hard to find ones that fit right! I always get so discouraged! I'm really glad I bought it, it's the only one I have! It has an under wire in it and that makes it pretty great! I am very large chested! Honestly though, it's still not supportive enough for running.. I'd have to wear a built-in-bra cami over it to make it work best (I don't think it's quite large enough). I'll check out the brand later when I'm home and let you know, I think it's a champion. Gotta have support- Good luck, girl!

mellybearxoxo- thanks for this advise!!!! I am going to check out that site! :)
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I own a total of six sports bras. Two are inside those work out tanks. Only one fits but it's a little big so it's not that supportive. I usually wear a tighter tank over it and that helps. The other doesn't fit anymore because of my belly so I can't wear it yet. 2 are Nike sports bras and I love them, they're great and comfortable for working out but NOT for running...they're not supportive enough. Two others... one is not very supportive at all and I mainly only wear it around the house or if I'm just going to be walking. The last one is the one I wear the most because it's most supportive...but overall, none of them are all that great. The one I wear most has a funky hook cause I accidentally put it in the dryer once...

My question is, what sports bras are really supportive but still comfortable and not too expensive? Since I'm in a large now, I don't want to spend a lot 'cause I know I'll need to buy new once I lose about 10 lbs more. I tried all that Old Navy offered and none of them worked. I tried a few on at Kohl's, same thing. I just can't find anything that works :( It really sucks. I want to be able to run and not feel like my girls are gonna fall off, y'know?

I just got this bra from Kohl's and I love it! Here's the link: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/intimates/bras/sports/PRD~402415/Lily+of+France+In+Action+Cotton+Sports+Bra.jsp
    It's supportive enough for running - I ran in place in the dressing room to make sure! :laugh:

I am normally a 36D but I could get into a 34D, it was just a teeny big snug, since I am still going to be losing weight. I think we paid $20 for it.
  • lgochya
    lgochya Posts: 39
    Options
    Go with the Enell, Oprah's suggested them forever too!! They are the bomb! They will last through more then a 10lb weight loss. A bit more expensive than others but worth every penny!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hmm well my breasts are small and humble lol used to be a 36A when I was at my goal weight now a 36 B and to tell u the truth I got some inexpensive fruit of the loom ones and they are great.hold me in place for my workouts and I do turbo jam, 30 day shred etc. so if you are small and don't need much support they are perfect. they are sold at walmart and have a racerback sorta straps and they are adjustable too so u can tighten up if u need to.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You can find Enell bras on Ebay for around $35 and they are worth EVERY PENNY. Best bra ever.
  • elysium2699
    Options
    I swear by these, just received a new one in the mail today - I now own 3 =) I'm a 34C and this are the best support I have found for jogging. Got free shipping from amazon too! Can't beat that!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AP5GEY/ref=oss_product
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Saving this to read later...
  • hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    We have something called shock absorber here, it costs us in the UK about £15, you may want to look into it!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna borrow 2 words from the great Canadian man Red Green: duct tape.

Kidding!

I buy mine online from clearpointdirect.ca [in Canada] - they have a US site - clearpointdirect.com The sports bras are under the "Glamorise" section....the site looks amateurish, but the bras are really great.
  • healthycat31
    Options
    I love the Shock Absorbers Level 3 & 4 , Pure Lime, & Enell bras, esp the Shock Absorbers & Enell - really comfortable & keeps the boobies in place!
  • lotter
    lotter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump :laugh: (first timer!)
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Just found a new sports bra on Saturday and I love it so much that I'm wearing it to work today. It makes a great t-shirt bra, too. It's rather expensive, around $62, but sooooooo worth it! It is the "Energie" by "Le Mystere" and it comes in black, grey, and white.

http://www.zappos.com/le-mystere-energie-sport-bra

It has molded, smooth, underwire cups and the entire thing is soft and feels like t-shirt material. The straps are wide and padded, and they are adjustable and can be worn conventionally, or criss-crossed in the back for more support. The girls don't move an inch and it runs true to size (i.e. I am a 34F, and I wear a 34F in this bra). Best of all, it doesn't look like a sports bra, and it still gives you a nice shape and is low enough to wear with tank-tops or lower cut shirts when working out. Most good sports bras for larger chests come up higher on the neck and so I don't feel comfortable wearing them with a tank-top because they look ridiculous. This completely gets rid of the uni-boob and feels amazing!

I bought two, one black and one white. If they had more colors in stock at my local lingerie store, I would have bought those as well. Good bras may be expensive, but think about how often you wear them - you really get more bang for your buck than you do out of most other products.

Just thought I would share. :smile: