Is insanity a good idea

Options
I am 5'7 about 135 pounds and I want to lose weight. I have fuller thighs and I am worried that insanity will make them even bigger, because I tried to do insanity before, and lasted about 3 weeks. I felt like my thighs got really huge but maybe I overate? Any recommendations, if you have a similar body type and if you did this program?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    If your eating at a calorie deficit your thighs aren't going to get bigger, as you lose weight you may notice more muscle definition.. At your height/weight I would probably do something that involves more resistance training than relying on mostly cardio..
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I second Greenrun. Insanity is a LOT of cardio, it isn't going to make your thighs big. If you're in decent shape, give it another shot. You do need to make sure you're eating enough but of course, like you said, if you're overeating it won't matter what workout you do.
  • tressatnt
    Options
    Question about Insanity: (sorry to hijack) is the program a workout every day? I'm really interested in doing it, but I'm not sure that I can guarantee myself a block of time every day being home with my baby, he doesn't nap for very long unfortunately LOL. I'd hate to get the program and then not be able to give it the proper attention. I can't find on their website if it's daily workouts that you have to stick to or are they workouts you do when you can?
  • melisa18
    Options
    On the calendar, it suggests a workout everyday except there is one rest day per week. And the program lasts for two months. And the workouts can range from 35-60 mins.
  • SenaBizuwork
    Options
    It will be a great idea. Insanity; if did correctly will tone your "fuller thighs". If you push hard and eat correctly insanity will tone/slim you and make you mentally/physically stronger