how many days do you workout?

Options
topic says it all.....
In a week how many days do you work out, and is there a reason so much/not so much/ rest days, etc?
I'm doing about 4-5 days a week, but feel like crud on the days i don't, but also figure i should let my body rest some days also.

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I work out at the gym doing weights and cardio or run 6 days per week. (Usually gym 5 days and run 1)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week doing mostly cardio! Today is my day off!!
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I aim for six days a week, too. But my workouts vary: 2x of skiing (in the winter), 2x of karate, 2x of 300 calorie swimming sessions, 1x of 600 calorie spin class. (Yes, I double up and usually swim Sundays after skiing and driving home).

I've found that once I settled into a routine, I really like the schedule.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I workout lifting 4 days a week and do cardio 5 days a week taking 2 days off per week. On the 2 days off though I dont just lay around - I may take a walk with the kids, go to the park, rake leaves, garden etc...some sort of activity but not a planned workout. I also try and do yoga a few times a week but that hasnt been happening so much lately :smile:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I do cardio every day. I feel better when I do and you don't need to let your body recover like you do from weight training. I do weight training 3-4 days a week, as you do need to allow your muscles time to recover. Alternately you could do upper body one day and lower body the next
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    Monday through Friday I work out fro 50-60 minutes.Saturday is my day off and Sunday night I do a light workout usually 20-30 minutes to prepare my body for the longer workouts.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    5 days a week. Each time is an hour of weights and 30 mins cardio. I've just added walking the dog 4 miles a few times a week. I did it all the time during the summer and now the weather is looking better I can do it again :happy: On my 2 "rest" days I do yoga or 20 min ab workout.

My goal this week is to walk the dog 4 miles a day 7 days in a row!!! I'll be dog sitting another dog for a few days so this will help with cazy dog madness in my house! :laugh: Also the other dog doesn't walk as much as mine (I don't think) so this could be a challenge!
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. Let me show you my scedule! :-)

Monday-Lift weights (upper body) + 20 mins on elliptical and 40 on treadmill
    Tuesday-Lift weight (lower body) + 20 mins on elliptical and 40 on treadmill
    Wednesday-Just cardio (25 mins on elliptical and inclined walk/jog on treadmill for as long as i can)
    Thursday-OFF yay!
    Friday- Same as Monday
    Saturday- Same as Tuesday
    Sunday-Just cardio (same as wed)

and if I'm too tired then i just take an extra day off and try to eat less.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 to 6 times per week. I just do a low-impact areobics video and then do some weight lifting with my 5-pounders (mainly just do my arms).. I have tried to make it a goal that I workout from home, because every time I've had a gym membership I've quit going. Making myself workout from home leaves no room for excuses.. I have all the tools I need right here :)
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    I usually do 6 days a week and let me tell you a set schedule makes all the difference in the world!

Monday - Bootcamp through a community college (which involves weight training, cardio, core, and resistance training)
    Tuesday - Morning outside run (5k program
    Wednesday - Bootcamp
    Thursday - Morning Outside run (5k program), Evening Yoga
    Friday - Day Off!!! maybe a light walk around the neighborhood after dinner
    Saturday - Morning outside run (5k program)
    Sunday - Yoga
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    6 days here!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I operate on the 3 days on 1 day off principle. The idea is to do 3 HARD days in a row and the one day of complete rest (well, maybe some stretches or go for a walk -- active recovery type stuff).

Since there are 7 days in a week, not 8, this works out to taking Monday and Friday off and doing 4 workouts Tues-Thurs and 3-4 workouts on the weekend. So, yeah, some days I do multiple workouts.
  • KirstenDanella1
    Options
    I go to the gym everyday, but, that's not typical for most people. I'm a stay at home mom... and well... My life is pretty blah. Lol. I do yoga classes with my baby, it's really awesome! But other than that I do a lot of cardio. I LOVE a Elliptical. I go super early, around 6 or 7 so I can do other things through out the day. I have a lot of weight to lose so I feel this is my best option.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    6-7 days of cardio, 4 of those days do some lifting. I feel the same way when i dont go.
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I workout 2x a day 7 days a week
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week mostly cardio, I have to have a rest day as I can feel my body getting tired!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6 days with Sunday as a rest day. Run 3 times a week C25k training & weight lifting and 2 times a week burn it up and yoga 1 day and one rest day
  • mylittlescreamer
    Options
    Yes, I exercise 4 days out of 7.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Until the first of this year, I worked out 6 days a week varying activities each day. I joined a challenge to workout everyday of the year on Jan 1st. Since then I have only missed 2 days. Some of my workout days are easy walks or 30 min of a good stretch. I aim for hard cardio 4 days a week, light weight lifting 2 days a week, stretching twice a week and mix up the other things with walks and low impact aerobics.
  • hopela
    hopela Posts: 17
    Options
    I go to the gym 5 days a week and do 30 min of cardio. You guys are making me feel lazy!