Excessive Stomach fat

Options
13»

Replies

• evolutioner
    Options
    Eating less processed carbs and processed sugar. Eating more veggies, legumes, fruits. Drinking Green Tea also does the trick. Doing light cardio such as 30 - 60 of walking on an empty stomach also does the trick that's an old bodybuilding trick. Drinking Cool water bc your internal body temp lowers down and it has to burn up some calories to bring it back up to it's normal temp also water surprisingly stops your cravings when you get the munchies.

Eating spicy foods and something new things I've been trying is Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil which is helping with my fat loss. Sea Salt too bc every time we train we sweat we lose tons of electrolytes, the sea salt helps increase recovery and more oxygen into the body and it helps nutrients go into the body and it has lots of minerals. Apple Cider Vinegar will help control Carbs, Insulin, blood sugar levels. Stress also can also be a culprit it's so much harder to lose weight when your stressed out from work, kids, boss, a million things going on in your life, so just take a week off from the gym, and come back new and refreshed. This is more of the things to do outside the gym, Hope that helps.
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You can't necessarily target where your fat comes off from first, however, you can shape it with core exercises.

Abs are made in the kitchen, so you should really look at the food that you're eating. Incorporate strength training along with your cardio in order to see a real difference.

I have come to realize and accept the fact that just because you have high burns all the time, it doesn't necessarily mean that you you will see the change that you want in your shape--while you may lose weight with cardio, strength training changes the actual shape of your body.

I once read that the place that you gain weight first, will be the last thing to leave. It seems like it goes in reverse order. I hope that this helps.
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you should try to start eating cleaner..............

I am on the same path with trying to build that 6pack.........heck at this point, I'll settle for a 2 pack. I just want to get rid of the jiggle in the middle when I wiggle.

Food Choice are key.....along with a combination of cardio and strength.
  • blueeyedrunner71
    blueeyedrunner71 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1st I have the same problem..
    I also hate looking at my stomach in the mirror..
    reallity is that will be the last area we see weight loss :(..
    what will help u is planks. 3 times a week..
    planks will tightin our muscles under our fat..
    w/ out making them bigger..
    which in turn wil help our posture..
    hope this helps and makes you feel better that ur not alone..
    Happy Sweating !!!
    blueeyedrunner71
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    you should try to start eating cleaner..............

I am on the same path with trying to build that 6pack.........heck at this point, I'll settle for a 2 pack. I just want to get rid of the jiggle in the middle when I wiggle.

Food Choice are key.....along with a combination of cardio and strength.

Please define eating "cleaner"?

Other than that, I echo what others have said about weight training. Best fat burner there is.
  • mmapags
    Options
    God. Two posts in one thread?

*shoots self*

What? You no likee the great wall of cut and paste text twice in one thread?? lol. Obnoxious ain't it?
  • sfootman
    sfootman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone said it...there is no target fat loss. But...Believe it or not...clean eating will reduce your stomach area very nicely. You can research it. It is simple and easy. Preration is the key to clean eating. Freeze alot of the meal you prepare. When I started, within about 4 weeks, I noticed that my stomach was going down. Clean eating is good for every area though.....lifting weights will burn more fat and it will burn longer after your workout than cardio will.
  • ChrisSherlock
    Options
    Firstlÿ what kind of cardio are you doin? If it's long continous running, then your not going to see the results your looking for. Sure you might see some loss at the beginning but you'l soon hit a brick wall.

Along with that, it also sounds like you've hit a plateau.

Here's how to solve your problem;

Eat clean, I'm sure ýou know how to do this, most people who attend the gym and are as committed as you, normally have their diet in check aswell. But base ýour meals round protein. Also remember FATS are your friends (the right types).

Exercise

Instead of running 5 days a week, I would defiantly recommend you at some resistance training in there.

Whether its a bodyweight routine, or a routine that consists of free weight, you need to be defiantly incorperating resistance training into your workouts. I would recommend 20-30 minute circuit workouts.

In regard to the cardio, I'm assuming that your doing slow long running. If you are, then here's how you can change it;

Try increasing and decreasing the difficulty of the run so for example on a ten minute jog, you would have the first 2 minutes slow and steady, then the next minute would slighty faster, the next 30 seconds will be brought down again, the folling 30 second you will go as fast as you can, then you bring it down again so on so on.

This is called interval training.

You week might look like this:

Monday - Circuit Training

Wednesday- Interval training

Friday - circuit training.

Try it out, and let me know what ya think ;)

Hope this helps,

Take Care,

Keep Focused,

Chris

http://FatLossClassroom.com
  • ALogerot
    ALogerot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    try Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 pack...its cardio and ab exercises that will burn fat....its tough but great. I ordered it from Amazon for about $11 including shipping.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had it...but now it's gone. I have a tiny bit of loose skin, but at 50 I think it's okay.

Way to go!!!! I am going on 50 and I want to do the same look better than I did in my 40's. You look great and I know I can do this to.
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I saw on Dr. Oz yesterday for stomach fat loss we need to eat low glycemic foods.

Here is a link that I am going to start using.

http://childrenshospital.org/clinicalservices/Site3080/Documents/LowGlycemicShoppingList.pdf
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I saw on Dr. Oz yesterday for stomach fat loss we need to eat low glycemic foods.

http://childrenshospital.org/clinicalservices/Site3080/Documents/LowGlycemicShoppingList.pdf
    The first part of your post made me ignore the rest. I'm sorry.
  • mmapags
    Options

Complete nonsense for Dr. Oz as usual.
  • Fight2bFiT
    Fight2bFiT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    They are right. You can't spot ruduce but you can tone and focus on areas. They say "abs are made in the kitchen". So if you want to reduce the elasticity in your skin and loose the belly jelly then you MUST eat clean, no processed foods and water water water!!! Ab work and weights help a loT. But it's 80% of what you eat.
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just want to get rid of the jiggle in the middle when I wiggle.

LMAO!!
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options
    Hello my fellow fitnesspals,

I try to do cardio at least 5 days a week and I'm seeing results all over except for in my stomach/waist area. Does anyone have a workout routine or specific exercises that I can incorporate with my cardio to help accelerate belly fat?

Exercise those muscles while you are losing weight. They will show!