Before and After (pics) down 32lbs.

As you can see I was all smiles I had no idea what I looked like. This was a shocker and a wake up call.

I have been a member of MFP for sometime now, and I decided to post my before and after pictures, because I enjoy reading others accomplishments they are such an encouragement to me. It's very easy to become complacent on this journey and to see how others are changing their lives by eating healthy and moving their bodies, keeps me on my path. So I hope to encourage someone else as well.

I started this journey in 2010, when I received some devastating news about my health. I decided I could continue to sit on the couch and deteriorate more, or move and feel better.

It took me a good 6mos to break some terrible eating habits. I stopped all fast foods, no potatoes, rice, or pasta. I only eat low fat diary. I only drink Oat milk, can't tell you how much better I feel. I am a breadaholic though, so I allow myself a piece of good bread on the weekend, and I make myself walk to the bakery to get it which is about an hour walk RT. LOL. Most of the time its not worth it!

I just took it one step a time. I really didn't get serious about exercise until 2011 when I started the Couch to 5K running program. That was interesting. When I finished my first 5K I cried like a baby, because I could only jog for 30 to 60 seconds at first!. I then started weight training (with a personal trainer because I wanted to make sure my form was correct), I also used a TRX in my workouts, which is incredible to say the least.

I haven't really lost that much weight a total of 32lbs, I say this because the scale only gives a small picture of what's really happening to our bodies I went from a size 16 jeans to a size 10.

I do (light) weight training twice a week along with jogging (I don't run I jog) 30 to 40mins 3 to 4 days a week every other day.

At my heaviest I was 212lbs, I am now 180 I want to get to a healthy weight for me which is about 160lbs - 155lbs, with about 5lbs to play with I am tall 5' 8". I still have a tummy some say that's the last to go . . . ugh! So onwards and upwards!

I will tell you that this has been a wonderful journey that will never end, because I don't want to ever go back to where I was then!

So to all of you on this journey, just know that some of us don't post often but we are always on here reading your stories and sending positive energy when needed. Keep up the good work everyone! "We got this"!

Replies

• coopere6838
    coopere6838 Posts: 16 Member
    You look great!!
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Congratulations! You look so good....and healthy!
  • Congrats! I loved reading your story! I have just started my journey with 50lbs to lose and I am very inspired by your story! Thank you for sharing! Best of luck!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Love the story...and so true it is a one day at a time process...the number is good but how you feel on the inside and health is the goal....Sounds like you got it going on and heading in the right direction...Your pictures are amazing...Keep up the good work..
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Well done, you do look amazing. Extremely inspirational.
  • Well done! I took away most breads, rice's and pasta's too and almost immediatly felt great. More energy and not sluggish. I love the idea of walking to get your bread! I may use that. :)

Congratulations!
  • WOW!! Way to go!! You look amazing and what a difference 32 lbs lost makes! You are truly inspirational....keep up the great work!!
  • Way to go!!! Keep up the good work. You inspire me to keep on trying!
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Congratulations.
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Great job!!
  • 32 pounds IS an amazing amount to lose! Congrats!

I don't see any photos though. Did you remove them from the post?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!