To buy or not to buy - Jillian Michaels fittness video

Options
You all have given me some fantastic advice before so here I am again after more!
I have noticed a lot of people going on an on about work out DVD's and there is a sale on a reputable website 5 DVD's including 30day shred for $50 NZ and I am wondering do I buy it?
I have never used a work out DVD before I normally just work out out doors or sometimes at the gym.
I suppose I am just interested to see what all the hype is about and is it really worth it when i could (and do) just run or cycle etc....

Thanks
Chris

Replies

• drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is on youtube so you might want to check it out on there first before you buy it
  • Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian - she's tough. If you're not sure though, you can access many of her videos for free on YouTube. Just enter "Jillian Michaels" and they'll pop up. Lots of folks here really like the 30 Day Shred. I just started the 6 Week 6 Pack and love it!
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I used a copy of 30DS from our local library - check to see if yours has copies of others as well
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'd say get ONE DVD from local Walmart first to see if you like it. Also, there is a deal on groupon right now. 3 of her best sellers for $25...Id consider that deal.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is on youtube so you might want to check it out on there first before you buy it

This. Check it out on youtube first to be sure you'll use it.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is a great start fro doing DVDs.....it bit hard for the non-exerciser. But most of her videos are cardio and strength training and when doing over a period of time you can surely feel the tightness in your body. I have tried many and love the results....its the sticking to it repeatedly I fail at.....I like variety!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of her videos are on youtube.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    She is a cereal killer. As in, she will destroy any calories ingested from cereal you have partaken of for the day. True story.
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    no just watch it on YOUTUBE!
  • cma17
    cma17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Never thought of that, Thank you that is a good idea.
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    I would suggest borrowing them from your local library first. Try them out and see if you like them before you go and spend money on them. That is what I did. I ended up liking all of the Jillian Michaels dvds and then bought them in a bundle on Amazon. But, I have borrowed other workout dvds from the library and didn't like them very much....so relieved I didn't buy them. :)
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with everyone else; YouTube is the way to go. If you like the video then you can always go to your local WalMart and buy one they range from $7.99-9.99. I have bought tons of Jillian videos and typically just stick to Banish Fat Boost Metabolism; I love it - it's the one I mainly used throught most of my weight loss.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
  • cma17
    cma17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice everyone. I am in New Zealand so Wallmart might be a bit difficult for me but You tube and the library I can do and probably a good idea before spending money.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    <<<~~~ yeah she did this to me!!
  • carlyhawks05
    carlyhawks05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do the 6 week 6 pack and it is a killer workout! The only downfall is all of the strain in puts on my wrists from plank position. True of any plank workout though. She delivers results!!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do the 6 week 6 pack and it is a killer workout! The only downfall is all of the strain in puts on my wrists from plank position. True of any plank workout though. She delivers results!!

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who had a bit of trouble with pain & the planks. Mine wasn't the wrist, but one spot on the palm of my hand. I'm pushing through it & trying to find the best way to modify, but I was really bummed because I was finally getting better at those planks.
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I love jillian's DVDs. Even my husband will do one now if he gets home late and it is too late to run. They don't cost much do give them a go!