Over Fifty- 40 pounds to lose AGAIN and struggling...

Options
Would love to find just a couple of friends who are realistic and also struggle like me. I don't need someone to tell me to just eat vegies and fruit all day and that's it. I LOVE food. THere's got to be a way to balance it out and still eat some breads and desserts too. I'm a busy working gal so won't always be able to comment daily on your food etc but would like to give and receive support. And If you were my friend before and I deleted you, it's just because I was feeling guilty about not being perfect and commenting everyday on your site. So, if you don't mind that I come and go (sometimes for extended periods of time....LOL) then I'd love to have you back.

Replies

• ERed23
    Options
    Wow, you sound like me. And I agree with you. It's not all about just eating veggies. When I eat salads for lunches day after day for a couple of weeks straight, I hit a brick wall with lettuce and don't want to eat it! Now I mix it up with the occasional pizza slice or sandwich.
  • bee_strong
    Options
    same, i love cooking and all kinds of food, i find it hard to balance the calories. feel free to add me :)
  • begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You have the right idea. It's all about balance, food and life!
  • cogp
    cogp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I love food--I love cooking it, buying it, and eating it. I don't plan on giving it up. Don't feel guilty, I believe we are blessed with food. I think as long as it is in moderation, it's great! I'm not big on veggies by themselves, but I like them with things. I think I am learning how to lose weight. Have you tried "fitbit"? I love it! I'm able to eat and lose weight. I'm not losing very fast, but not too bad. I've lost 40 and have 40 to go. It's taken me a few years, because I've been slow. I joined fitbit almost 2 weeks ago, and I've lost 4 pounds! That's fast for me. Anyway, I'm able to enjoy life a lot better. If you want friends, feel free to add me.
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a food lover and have struggled my whole life with weight issues. I've lost 75+ pounds over the last year and a half and have just a couple more to go to get to goal. (Yay!) I've managed to lose the weight eating a good variety of foods. I'm HOPING I've finally stopped the yo-yoing! I love the encouragement and support received from MFP friends and I try to provide it also. Feel free to add me!