People who dye their hair, is it just me or...

Options
Do you hate it when someone asks you "Why did you dye your hair?" I get that maybe it's just a conversation starter, I just find it to be a useless one. Maybe it's just me but all I have to say back is "I like this hair color on me" or "I got bored with my last hair color." I just don't see that many other answers they are expecting to get from that. I'm nice enough to answer that for them I was just wondering if anyone else thinks the same thing when they get asked that. Lol

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I've never had anyone attempt that conversation with me. Hmm.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Why did you dye your hair?
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize people even would ask that? Although I get weird questions sometimes about other things that make me stop and think what the other person was thinking when they decided to vocalize their thoughts haha.
  • Karaboo
    Karaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :smile: lol

• KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    no one has ever asked me that
  • aradiamegido
    Options
    I got that all the time when I got red streaks a few years ago... I finally gave up and said 'why not' and no one really had a response to it haha
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Touche. Touche.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Never had anyone ask me that, and I've had my hair all colors of the rainbow.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I use a temporary vegetable dye (like Manic Panic) in a fantasy color every Easter (purple last year). Then I get asked. Otherwise I keep my natural silvery color.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    No one has ever asked me WHY. If they did I would probably just say that a) I'm not ready for grey hair and b) I love change. And hair is one of the easiest things to change.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered if that was a way of saying they don't like it without having to say it becuase as you said what different kinds of answers are they expecting. Maybe I'm just being defensive :huh:
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I got that question a lot when I dyed mine blue. It was my favorite color. I loved how it looked. And I was 20 and in college. I knew it would be a long time before I could do it again. I'd do it again in a minute if I could get away with it.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize people even would ask that? Although I get weird questions sometimes about other things that make me stop and think what the other person was thinking when they decided to vocalize their thoughts haha.

Reminds me of when I was pregnant. "should you be eating that?" "Should you be doing that?" lol, so annoying.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I dye my hair fiery red as a warning to others.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I suppose I understand if it was something drastic, like hot pink or rainbow. Obviously, that makes a statement and undoubtedly makes others curious. Otherwise, I don't really understand the point of asking, nor why it matters!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've had dyed blond hair for the past 8 years and when I decided to dye it brown a few weeks ago, no one recognized me!

The more obnoxious question I get is, is that your natural hair color? and since I have no clue what my natural hair shade is, I always lie and say yes!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I don't dye my hair, but people always ask if I do.... Am I suppose to?
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I tell them it is not of their business. And move on
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    If it's an unnatural color, I could see the question...but for anything else, nah what's the point?

I've been dying my hair since 6th or 7th grade......I've been every color in the book lol
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I constantly get people asking me why I dye my hair. Except it's not dyed, it's natural which I tell them and they look at me like I'm a liar. Gets old after a while....