Roasted Veggies!

Options
I am not a huge fan of vegetables. I have been trying to get my 5 servings of fruts and veggies in per day and needed to try some new things to achieve that............now I am not a big fan of broccoli but I am sharing this recipe because it was DELICOUS!

cut up broccoli
cut up cauliflower
1 T olive oil
1T parm cheese
sea salt
pepper

roast in oven about 30 mins.

Wow, I LOVED IT! I imagine you could do other veggies too. It just had such a different flavor than just opening a bag of frozen and cooking in the microwave! I found a way I like broccoli-hope this helps somebody else!

Replies

• smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    This sounds good. I will have to try it. Thanks.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! This sounds so easy, and I LIKE easy :)
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    sounds really good, what temperature should I roast the veggies at?? :huh:
  • CareBearRN
    CareBearRN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    asparagus is wonderful this way, especially grilled with seasoning or salt. Truly wonderful! You must try
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just bought broccoli today, thanks for a new way to try it.

Roast for 30 minutes ..........what temp??
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    mmm does sound yummy. Marking this so I can find it again and make it
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite way to prepare veggies. Soooo much better than out of a can or boiled/steamed from frozen. I've become obsessed with brussels sprouts prepared in this way. Cut off the tips and slice them in half the long way and prepare them the same way. You'll never think of brussels sprouts in the same way again.

Edit to add that I usually roast at about 400 degrees. The amount of time needed depends upon the vegetable you are preparing.
  • sharibrat
    sharibrat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think I also did it at 400 degrees but can't remember!
  • sdmcgowan
    sdmcgowan Posts: 13
    Options
    I love to roast veggies this way. Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts are my favorites. I've not been roasting them much lately because the olive oil you use on them does add up the calories fast, but I love love love to eat them this way. Green beans are also great this way, don't forget to try them too!

I usually roast mine at 425, and start to check after 20 minutes or so. Depends on how toasted up you like yours for the exact time.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I love to roast veggies this way. Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts are my favorites. I've not been roasting them much lately because the olive oil you use on them does add up the calories fast, but I love love love to eat them this way. Green beans are also great this way, don't forget to try them too!

I usually roast mine at 425, and start to check after 20 minutes or so. Depends on how toasted up you like yours for the exact time.

You know, though, I started out using a lot more olive oil and then I have been reducing it more and more. Now I use only 2 teaspoons for about 3-4 servings of brussels sprouts. You really don't need a lot--just toss everything really well with your hands so all the veggies get a slight coating. I typically add 1 tsp of olive oil to my meals to account for the oil I use in cooking my veggies and my meat, but I don't know that it is even that much in reality.
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    sounds good. I have been doing a lot of stir fry, but I will have to give roasting a try.