Deliciously Healthy Sweet Potato Brownies

Options
I thought some of you might appreciate to get the recipe for my High Protein, No Sugar Added and Super Healthy Sweet Potato Brownies.

Let me tell you, they make for an AWESOME post workout snack.

Check them out here:

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/2012/11/09/deliciously-healthy-sweet-potato-brownies/

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to break down and get vanilla whey protein, because everything I want to make seems to include that. These look amazing!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Those look amazing, but where in the heck do I get spelt flour and date paste???
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    Those look amazing, but where in the heck do I get spelt flour and date paste???
    Thats what I was wondering...I dont' think WalMart has that lol
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    She had a link for the date paste where it was in the ingredients (click on the words "date paste"). Spelt flour is probably in the organic food section.
  • _snowwhite
    Options
    Mmm! Thanks!!!
  • jjj1988
    jjj1988 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cmz311
    cmz311 Posts: 15
    Options
  • kjwallace7
    Options
    Do you think I could use PB2 instead of protein powder?
  • tjb3659
    tjb3659 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    PB2 my fav, i bet you could:)
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TheHealthyFoodie
    Options
    Sorry guys, I kind of forgot to check back on this...

Spelt flour is usually available at grocery stores, in the "organics" section. Of course, Whole Foods and the likes would also carry it.

As for date paste, it's something that you can easily make yourself by processing soaked dates into a nice smooth puree. There is a link to the instructions in the recipe.

And since I'm not at all familiar with PB2, I really can't say if that would work... sorry about that!